Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RichCorinthian t1_j6et2a4 wrote

This reminds me of the footage Timothy Treadwell took hours before his death that includes the bear that ate him. Watch Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man for an amazing story of a total idiot.

Floxesoffoxes t1_j6hgozx wrote

Oh my God, you just unlocked a forgotten memory for me. I remember being shown this documentary when I was in secondary school. I have no idea why it was shown to us, but I remember being warned to never trust a bear. I live in rural Ireland, it's hardly a problem here.

bananasareappealing t1_j6h4v2b wrote

Interesting documentary, terrifying footage.

And yes, that guy was a total idiot, and an ass

fuqdisshite t1_j6g07nh wrote

i firmly believe that he fed the woman to the bears and ultimately sacrificed himself. it has been a while since i watched but there are a few things that really set me on that path way back when it first came out.

−17

FresnoMac t1_j6hzhzw wrote

While in its meaning you can say that (because his gf wasn't really nuts like him, she just got eaten because of her dumb boyfriend) there's no evidence to suggest he sacrificed her literally and then gave himself up.

Dude was just that stupid to believe he had a connection with the bears.

fuqdisshite t1_j6ik4w5 wrote

i actually own a copy of the movie and have been putting off rewatching it. i will give it another look and see if i still feel the same way.