Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DickieGreenleaf84 t1_j7k67zm wrote

Ah...yeah....all of these seem kinda weird, really. Like Marvel Studios IS Disney? No?

PixelPervert t1_j7k6dv6 wrote

They're officially separate, but I'm sure some profits filter through, etc

−11

DickieGreenleaf84 t1_j7k6pn0 wrote

I had to look it up....no, Marvel Studios is a subsidiary of Disney. Wasn't to start with, but has been part of Walt Disney Studios since 2015...

PixelPervert t1_j7k6v1k wrote

I know it's a subsidiary, but Disney doesn't put its name on Marvel's movies, nor does it have creative influence (as far as I know)

−7

vwma t1_j7kcign wrote

Yeah but the graph isn't about names on screens. It's about revenue and that belongs to Disney.

Spectre_195 t1_j7ko4xs wrote

No you are wrong. Disney Studios and Marvel Studios are legally different production companies. Which is what the title of the graph says its charting. So technically the inaccuracy is Disney should be divided up further in its various independent production companies.

vwma t1_j7kr2fb wrote

Nope. Marvel studios is a wholly owned and fully consolidated subsidiary.

Skapis9999 t1_j7kramk wrote

So do Lucas Films and Disney but Disney has a Lucas Film movie. Or Pixar and Disney but I am sure they count Pixar as Disney

DickieGreenleaf84 t1_j7k6zpz wrote

What counts as creative influence? Because again, then, I return to Columbia and Bond. Broccoli rules Bond with an iron fist, just like the family always has.