Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HopMan3000 t1_ja84e6u wrote

If it is including the most significant differences then it should be ranked in that order

tessthismess t1_ja8wq62 wrote

Yeah I'd agree. There's like 4 reasonable ways to sort this (female expectancy, male expectancy, difference, or alphabetical) and difference seems like the most obvious given the reason these were separated out. Even if it's a bit uglier.

triggerfish15 t1_ja7vzid wrote

War-torn and alcoholic? Join us in the top 20.

GameDoesntStop t1_ja7zcnl wrote

Not nearly as many war-torn countries in there as there are communist / former-communist countries.

HesteHund t1_ja8efn7 wrote

The ranking makes No sense. Why isnt the largest gap on top?

Chickensandcoke t1_ja8k06k wrote

Agreed. Very odd to organize it by average female lifespan when that’s not what is being compared

Daniel-Plainview96 t1_jaai2as wrote

Still, it's fairly easy to decipher and allows for additional analysis of the same data set (while of course hindering the analysis one might have expected originally given the title)

blockman16 t1_jabfwgj wrote

Should overlay hard liquor consumption per capital in this

Internetolocutor t1_jab6km7 wrote

It is interesting why feminists talk about the wage gap a lot, but not the lifespan gap. Can't think why...

SunnyDayInPoland t1_jadv2nk wrote

Newsflash: people in general (not just women) say things to advance their selfish causes

Internetolocutor t1_jae1vx4 wrote

Newsflash, yes, I know, but this is a sex-based plot and feminism is supposed to be about equality of the sexes.

As an aside, I don't think I've heard someone say newsflash since those sassy teens in 90s TV shows.