Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nerdydancing OP t1_j8e38cb wrote

HOW I MADE THE VISUALIZATION: Numbers and Photoshop. Over the years I always kept a daily log of my earnings and other data.

BACKGROUND: A few weeks ago I posted my daily stripper earnings over four years. My initial comment on that post has a lot of basic info about strip club earnings if you are interested (all earnings shown are net after tip-outs and fees but before taxes). Some commenters asked if the Super Bowl brought in extra revenue so I decided to take a look. Keep in mind that this is ONE stripper's experience over only four Super Bowls.

ABOUT THE DAILY AVERAGE: I considered a few options for what to compare the Super Bowl Sunday and Monday earnings to. I went with the entire prior year's average (counting from the Tuesday after the prior Super Bowl to the Saturday before the relevant Super Bowl). As you can see, my average went up as the years went on and I became better at earning, so maybe it's unfair to use shifts as old as 11 months prior. I considered using an average from some time prior AND after the game. I also considered using Sunday and Monday shifts only because days of the week did tend to be different. Curious to hear thoughts on what would be the most interesting comparison.

LOCAL EFFECT: None of the Super Bowls were played where I danced (Los Angeles area) which obviously would have had a huge impact because of the influx of visitors. Only one game featured an LA team. Anecdotally, I did notice a boost in earnings on days when regular NFL games were played locally. I remember one busy Sunday afternoon in particular when there was a blowout and tons of fans from both teams bailed on the game early and came to the strip club instead.

WAS SUPER BOWL RELEVANT AT ALL: Looking back on my notes, I can point to lots of factors that may have influenced my earnings. The 2/5/17 Super Bowl ($84) was at a club that I was doing very poorly at, so my low earnings were actually not bad for that spot at that time (the Raiders bikiniI I wore may have helped or hurt my cause). The Monday after the 2/4/18 Super Bowl ($1,670) was my best shift ever and was thanks to a one-time-only high-rolling customer. I didn't even do any private dances with him; he just tipped me while I sat and talked with him. He said he was spending because of his divorce, but who knows, maybe he had won a lot of Super Bowl bets the day before. The Monday after the 2/2/20 Super Bowl similarly included a one-time-only medium-rolling customer (along with two of my regulars).

I WAS NOT OVULATING: I got this question so many times on my last post that I'm just pre-empting it here. I do not ovulate.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A RUDE COMMENT: My last post had plenty, so in addition to being offensive and unfunny, just know that you are also being unoriginal.

Thanks for reading!

Ronjun t1_j8eg46m wrote

Wtf is up with the ovulation questions!? Like, what's the theory here, that if you ovulate your make more money?

nerdydancing OP t1_j8egmyb wrote

Apparently there was some study years ago positing that strippers earn more when ovulating.

Ronjun t1_j8egrv6 wrote

TIL... Also inappropriate that they are asking you that

AftyOfTheUK t1_j8ek2xl wrote

>TIL... Also inappropriate that they are asking you that

I mean, I didn't ask it, but it's pretty relevant if you're talking about reasons why earnings might increase.

saskwatzch t1_j8f7wpg wrote

unless there are bears around. bears can smell the menstruation

scaredycat_z t1_j8f1opk wrote

I think more interesting than the SB+Monday earnings is your daily average growth rate during those four years.

You mention that you were doing poorly in the 2017 club, and it shows that after you left you had a 43.75% increase in daily earnings. Next year was only 14%, but after that you had a 54.52% bump. Would be interesting to know what changed from in that year.

Was it something you were doing, or was it something beyond your control?

nerdydancing OP t1_j8f85i3 wrote

Thanks for pointing that out. I went into a lot of detail about that in my post from a few weeks ago that showed all my daily earnings over four years. :)

cheesebrah t1_j8gaqqa wrote

you are one of the most orgainzed strippers ive seen than. i use to bounce at a strip club and most strippers never kept track of their money, spent it all lol.