Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

spicer2 OP t1_jac9b7x wrote

Tools: Datylon

Source: GWI Core, a consumer survey run worldwide every quarter (full disclosure, I work for GWI)

Methodology/other bits: This data is from 47 countries around the world (some countries excluded for obvious reasons). It's specifically among Gen Zers aged 21+ and up to make sure they're legal drinking age in every country we can ask about alcohol consumption.

Logan Paul isn't the main driver of this trend at a global level (though I'm sure he'd be pretty happy about these figures). Having said that, we've seen sizable spikes in the UK in the last year since Prime was released. The main factor driving all this, though, is that Gen Z are way more sober/"sober-curious" than other generations.

PS: if you're wondering why there's more volatility at the start of this time period, that's probably because the sample of 21+ Gen Zers was smaller.

ploki122 t1_jaenqsh wrote

And... how is "Gen Zer" defined? Feels weird to have the lower bound (21+) but not the upper bound. I would expect the data to be something like % of 21-38 who consumes the following at least once a month global), especially since generations are usually used very pejoratively (which usually isn't the goal of a graph).

EDIT : Side note... how is that related to Logan Paul?

H_Lunulata t1_jacebgv wrote

To be fair, I didn't really start drinking beer until I was 23 or so, simply because I had never found a beer I liked enough to spend much money on (thanks Lisa, for sorting that out). Drinking age is 18/19 here, depending on where you are.

While I would agree that I was a bit of an outlier in the late 80's, I wasn't *that* much of one.

They need to revisit this work in 5 or 10 years to really draw a conclusion, I think.

All that said, it is interesting.

Now, 30-odd years later, I don't drink beer any more for medical reasons. Heh. Enjoy it while you can :)