Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DowntownScore2773 t1_jb1k19p wrote

I didn’t write total wins trumps championships. I played D1 lacrosse in college. We have a championship unlike football. The NCAA doesn’t sponsor a championship in FBS football. Only recently with the BCS and playoffs is championship awarded via an agreed upon menthol by the schools. Prior there were survey polls like AP, USA Today, UPI, Coaches Poll, etc. that did it for fun and readership. The AP is not a true national championship. With lacrosse everyone knew the rankings were an opinion poll and winning mattered most. You had your ranking in conference and then the championship tournament. Your comment references a one game scenario. A win percentage is a better measurement of success than an opinion poll especially overtime because it irons good and bad years and shows consistency.

Flioxan t1_jb1ljp1 wrote

>The team at the end of the year with the most wins is the most successful.

>I didn’t write total wins trumps championships

Pick one.

>The NCAA does[nt]?? sponsor a national championship award for football.

The NCAA does infact sponser multiple national championships for football.

>Prior to the BCS, the only championships awarded were conference titles.

Not by the NCAA, which seems to be your criteria

>The AP is just one of many polls and is not official.

Its reconized by the NCAA though. Again pick one.

>The most fair way to measure success is win percentage and trend that over time.

Not all competition is equal. There are highschools with better win% than the best college programs.

>It removes the recency bias of the chart,

What recency bias? Its not like UGA or FSU or Clemson are at the top of the list. Hell two of the top programs (UM and ND) havent been at the top in a while. Its honestly the opposite or recency bias from what i can tell

>We have a championship unlike football.

CFB has 2 championships ran by the NCAA and another one reconized by them.

>A win percentage is a better measurement of success than an opinion poll especially overtime because it irons good and bad years and shows consistency.

Only if the SoS were equal and the wins and losses came against relatively equal teams. If 2 teams go .750 over a bunch of years but one of them regularly beat top 10 teams and the other only plays a top 10ish team infrequently and losses every time then win% doesnt do a good job telling the whole story.

DowntownScore2773 t1_jb1ntl5 wrote

Are you 12 years old? The only thing l’ll respond to is that the NCAA has never sanction a BCS national championship. That’s a fact. The other comments are already answered in the thread for comprehension by anyone with a high school reading level and a basic grasp of mathematics.

Flioxan t1_jb1ovre wrote

>The only thing l’ll respond to is that the NCAA has never sanction a BCS national championship.

I know..? Thats not what you said though.

>Are you 12 years old?

Lol

>The other comments are already answered in the thread for comprehension by anyone with a high school reading level and a basic grasp of mathematics.

Insulting other peoples math skills when you cant move past only using win% is a bold move