Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

insaneplane OP t1_jddrrtd wrote

Source IMDB.com. Visualization prepared with Excel.

I hope this data is sufficiently beautiful for this sub! There is both complaining and gushing over so-called "Nu-Trek", so I wanted an easy comparison.

−3

vindictivejazz t1_jddthas wrote

The problem with “Nu-Trek” is that they don’t periodically have some of the weirdest episodes of television I’ve ever seen. There needs to be an episode every season or so that just leaves you baffled as to how it ever made it on screen.

JCPRuckus t1_jdeg6kt wrote

Have you seen the fantasy storybook episode of Strange New Worlds?

sheogorath227 t1_jdew8d7 wrote

I enjoyed that one! It was the kind of silly nonsense I love about ST. Definitely less cringe than some of the bad old-Trek episodes.

GloatingSwine t1_jdfckok wrote

It's the curse of modern TV where everything has to be a slave to the arc. But also modern Trek where the first 85% of the series is them twiddling their thumbs over a season long mystery that they'll then resolve in a rush in the last three episodes.

kukukachu_burr t1_jdek3b1 wrote

I am working on a matrix right now for my job. I consider tables to count as visualizations, personally. They are even listed as such in both Microstrategy and PowerBi. I haven't used Tableau for a whole but you can make grids in there too. I think it is subjective, but this counts for me.