Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Audrin t1_jdf0giw wrote

Lmfao the top rated Picard episode equals the top rated TNG? That's fucking hysterical. The worst TNG episode is better than the best Picard episode. I'd rather watch Dr. Crusher fuck a ghost for three hours than one minute of fucking Borg Jirarti or android clone Picard.

−1

lellololes t1_jdh6w03 wrote

Season 3 of Picard would change your mind.

I think episode 6 leaned in too much on nostalgia, but the season started OK and just keeps getting better and better.

I felt like Picard got off to an interesting start at the beginning but completely fumbled the rest, and season 2 was not good, though it fleshed out some of his history, which may be of some interest - but the way they did it was weird.

But now I feel like Picard isn't some old dude wandering in to trouble. He feels like elder Picard should. Even Raffi is bearable now, if not one of the better characters.

Audrin t1_jdhdet7 wrote

I'm watching it. It's still not good. Everyone saying it's suddenly great has Stockholm syndrome.

​

It's much much better than Picard season 1 & 2, 10x better, but that's like going from a 0.1/10 to a 1/10.

​

There are TNG episodes that are 10/10 and the best Picard episode maybe reaches a 3. MAYBE.

lellololes t1_jdhkxi4 wrote

You can like the show or not, that's fine.

But I can say with confidence that your opinion that Shades or Gray is better than any episode of Picard is not something that many people would share.

I didn't care for season 1 and 2, but they had their moments too - and they were all better than the absolute worst of TNG. When your benchmark on a 1-10 scale is 0.1-1, you're being ridiculously hyperbolic.

I sentence you to repeated viewings of Shades of Gray, Sub Rosa, and Code of Honor!