Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ReaperCraft07 t1_jc2kuou wrote

youre even taller than me, im 158cm and sitting at 72kg, i was hovering around 80kg last year, i managed to drop a few kg the past few months.

what are you on? or am i just too fat? XD

EDIT: Stupid me, i forgot my height, Im 178cm, not 158cm, i get confused this late at night. im more familiar with imperial system when it comes to heights, lol.

KnightKal t1_jc2oxbe wrote

for all it is worth it, you can just https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmi-m.htm and see the answer

InternationalBand494 t1_jc3f3ok wrote

You’re all speaking in tongues. What is this cm kg jibberish?

Prunestand OP t1_jc3fltg wrote

Funnily enough, BMI isn't actually unitless. It has the units of kg/m^(2).

InternationalBand494 t1_jc3j0m4 wrote

Now you’ve really thrown me off. I’m just kidding. I realize how ridiculous our system of measures is in the US. I was making fun of us, not you.

KnightKal t1_jc3gmk2 wrote

it is this weird measure unit used on planet Earth majority of nations. The rest of the galaxy is obviously using the proper units of random feet, as defined by the great emperor of Mars on the year of the horse 10 millenniums ago.

Prunestand OP t1_jc3ythh wrote

> The rest of the galaxy is obviously using the proper units of random feet, as defined by the great emperor of Mars on the year of the horse 10 millenniums ago.

We shouldn't pretend that the meter is not arbitrary as well. The point shouldn't be that the feet is arbitrary. The point should be that imperial systems are highly inconsistent and isn't "nice" to work with.

ObfuscatedAnswers t1_jc64kmb wrote

Meter isn't random any more. It's specified by the distance light travels in a set amount of time.

The foot however is actually defined based on meter since 1959. As in one third of a yard which is defined as 0.9144m.

Prunestand OP t1_jc85tun wrote

> Meter isn't random any more. It's specified by the distance light travels in a set amount of time.

Still arbitrary.