Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ravingraven21 t1_jc4nfge wrote

Free for Amex Platinum. Suspect that’s a major driver.

leFouxDuFafa t1_jc4gqtg wrote

Something about Walmart's website just feels..... I don't know like "old school" e-commerce. Like the sites I saw in the late 2000s. They need to do some different shit.

__blackout t1_jc4ktsx wrote

Walmart+ appeals to people because they don’t have to go to Walmart and interact with the regulars

[deleted] t1_jc5206r wrote

[deleted]

cibbwin t1_jc9hdtw wrote

I worked Amazon Fresh in San Bernardino, California for years as a process assistant and left that job in 2020, honestly surprised to see people still using the service!

[deleted] t1_jca2hnt wrote

[deleted]

cibbwin t1_jcanus4 wrote

They just... stopped insulating frozen foods? Not even dry ice anymore? Wow.

It was sad for me to see our standards go south so quickly right before the pandemic hit and I left Amazon. And from what you tell me, they've gotten worse. I'm sorry you have to change things up now! Fresh never made Amazon money and I always wonder why they keep at it with stuff like Instacart and GoPuff around now.

ColoradoScoop t1_jc4gjlj wrote

How does this compare to Walmart+ membership across all demographics? Just wondering if this a new service that is growing in general.

send2devnull2 t1_jc4x0lq wrote

As someone who was once employed by those heartless bastards, I completely understand why people of modest means shop there, but why anyone who can afford to shop anywhere else doesn’t. They are awful for nearly every aspect of small town America, and they cost the taxpayers billions of dollars a year. They are one of the worst corporations ever, and should only be compared to a hybrid of a locust and a vampire squid on the face of humanity.

himmmmmmmmmmmmmm t1_jc5155f wrote

Your house is on fire and you need water. This is no time for pride / is this pristine glacier water? You need them. You can’t escape.

send2devnull2 t1_jc524rm wrote

As I said, for those that need to shop there, I get it. But I’m talking about people who don’t, people who are better off.

spacebunsofsteel t1_jc5q19b wrote

They started the death of retail and Amazon made it happen, and now Walmarts are closing. All those unemployed Walmart workers are going to need help. Some towns don’t have anything left but a Walmart.

StrikingExamination6 t1_jc567s0 wrote

Depending on where in the US you live, 150k isn’t a lot for a family. Amazon and Walmart are basically the same at this point. Everyone knows that Walmart is a disaster for their community, but if you need something at 2 am, Walmart is there to supply it. They (Walmart, Amazon, target, etc) have also put everyone else out of business so a large part of the country has no choice but to shop there.

I grew up poor, but am doing pretty well now. I don’t buy fresh produce at Walmart, but if I need a box fan at 3 am, I know where to go.

atreides4242 t1_jc4dwvh wrote

Can’t afford to shop elsewhere.

Kevin69138 t1_jc4e24d wrote

Plus you get some great entertainment. Never a dull moment at Walmart

st4n13l t1_jc4fb8j wrote

I'd be more interested to see this limited to households that only have one or the other. That would be a much more telling measure of Amazon's dominance.

Craygor t1_jc5uj9t wrote

As much as I like the idea that Walmart+ allows me to avoid the unwashed, obese masses that is the common Walmart shopper, I still won't use Walmart+, because I just hate Walmart on general principle.