Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Powerhx3 t1_jdr5qlz wrote

About 700 sq ft per person would be like a minimum. 1000 sq ft would be ideal. That’s what I have but I’m including the attached garage as part of my shared personal space. Kids also play hockey in there and have a indoor basketball space when needed.

−8

nijmeegse79 t1_jdr6za2 wrote

1000sq ft per person,? holy sh* Why so much? How much stuff does a human need?

Our current house is 103m2-1108sq ft and with the 2 of us its already pretty spacious. 3bedrooms, a loft, 1,5 bathroom. A decent size garden and a double garage. Other houses in the street have 2adults and 2 or even 3 kids.

I would have no idea what to do with a house dubble as big our current one. The cleaning, the heating bill,the maintenance etc.

Autriyo t1_jdrsfur wrote

I'm living in like, not even a full 400 sq ft. Sure, some more space would be nice, but all in all its pretty manageable. But I also have all of that space for me, since I'm living alone.

zeefox79 t1_jdu2pr5 wrote

I don't understand the appeal of having so much indoor space. It's just extra cost to build, extra cost to run (heating & cooling), more space to clean and it cuts down your outside space, especially if you're in a city.

My current place is 93m2 and that's plenty for the two of us. Honestly I don't understand why anyone would need anymore than 50m2 per person.

Powerhx3 t1_jdu3pv6 wrote

Your lifestyle is different because your situation is different. I’ve been basically indoors since November. Tomorrow it’s getting down to -27 and -36 with the windchill. What’s the point of outdoor space if it is unusable because it’s -50 with the wind and there is 6ft snow drifts everywhere?

−1

zeefox79 t1_jdu8rg8 wrote

Uhh, you know you literally started this comment thread by saying the living area wasn't enough, and then justifying it by comparing your own situation right? And my (and others) responses were just pointing out that your situation wasn't normal, yeah?

So how about next time you apply a little of your own logic to yourself before posting, and maybe reconsider whether your contribution will add anything worthwhile to the conversation?