Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MaxRoofer t1_iusmlua wrote

How do you mean, exactly?That the cars don’t look out for pedestrians or pedestrians think cars should watch out for them?

Also, not sure my comment made sense. I meant to say, I wish cars would watch out for people. But seeing as not all do, people shoul watch for themselves.

I actually hit a person one time. They were texting and walking and I stopped right in front of them, and I kid you not they walked right I to my car.

I could have gone around, but wanted them to learn a lesson. They got mad at me.

−2

GlobalSpread3429 t1_iut1vkr wrote

That drivers don‘t look out for pedestrians.

Or, more fundamentally, how infrastructure is built centered around cars. In a well built neighborhood there is almost no risk of hitting a pedestrian. Both because there is a lot of space dedicated to them and because the road is designed in a way that you can’t really go faster than ~10mph in a car. Slowing things down reduces risk considerably

MaxRoofer t1_iut4ysr wrote

I’ll never get hit by a car while walking. I don’t expect them to look out for me.

−1

GlobalSpread3429 t1_iutggvi wrote

Well you should never expect that someone looks out for you ofc, but obviously the more dangerous your life of transport, the more you should look out for others. And cars are pretty dangerous