Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jakubkonecki t1_j2i6cof wrote

What your chart is showing is that you've uninsulated your room on Dec 19th. This is not beautiful, sorry.

If you have only one thermometer than loose the calendar aspect and overlay two sets of measurements. You're obviously interested in comparison, and not showing absolute values on a certain date.

[deleted] t1_j2hwf0p wrote

[deleted]

hey-im-root t1_j2iuqk6 wrote

I understood it perfectly, and I sincerely doubt you don’t know what insulation is. I’m sure many other people including me found this interesting.

Maybe you’re right about it not being beautiful, but he said he only had one thermometer. I think he did good with what he had.

[deleted] t1_j2iuz41 wrote

[deleted]

hey-im-root t1_j2ivfvp wrote

I understood his graph perfectly fine? It’s not that hard to read. OP only having one probe has nothing to do with it, it just added context as to why it’s not overlapping. I don’t need specific guidelines to understand a graph, I feel bad if that’s how you have to see this stuff.

Like I said it’s interesting, and I agree that it probably doesn’t fit on this sub. But there’s no way you didn’t understand this graph when you looked at it.

[deleted] t1_j2ivzc4 wrote

[deleted]

hey-im-root t1_j2iwnm7 wrote

Well that I can agree on. It sounded like you couldn’t understand the graph entirely because of the lack of context. I just thought it was interesting because it shows how much it really stabilizes temperatures.

Edit: it’s also bad data because it’s not really accurate to measure it on different days, but still. OP did what he could with what he had.

Future_Green_7222 t1_j2hxgsz wrote

Looks like someone had only one thermometer

sirquincymac OP t1_j2i03ui wrote

True they aren't cheap those smart loggers. Ideally yes would have two of them for this purpose

−6

gaston312 t1_j2j1gkl wrote

Not taking away from your effort but I am in the camp that this visual makes little sense.

The main reason is you are not controlling for the possible change in outdoor temps during the period your one sensor was in the uninsulated room.

The temperature monitor you mention is fairly expensive. You should look at the Govee products, which are about $15 per sensor.

Another option (though still susceptible to external temperature changes) use one sensor for 30 days in each room and separately get external weather data for each of those 60 days, and plot the difference between internal and external temperature in each room (x-axis wouldn’t be a date but instead day 1 to day 30). Just a thought.

sirquincymac OP t1_j2kcwgc wrote

Thanks that does make sense. Particularly the second option can be carried out simply. Delta ambient at least links to outside temp.

kikimarami t1_j2i0ci2 wrote

I wonder what would happen if we'd also sultanated our rooms. You know, some royal adjustments, and BOOM it looks way cooler.

(jk)

sirquincymac OP t1_j2i3xw2 wrote

lol!? please explain

kikimarami t1_j2njyw8 wrote

lol, if I am not completely bonkers, you misspelled 'insulate', that is why I thought of 'sultanate' and the rest is history. xD

sirquincymac OP t1_j2hswta wrote

Logging using a single SensorPush HT1 Temperature and Humidity Smart Sensor. The single sensor was moved from one room to another in the same house. Data analysis in Python. Plotting using Matplotlib

−3

Rotato_chips t1_j2idnyb wrote

People are critiquing, but I think you did well given the resources available!. I think of a red to blue gradient when looking at temperature, perhaps that’s something to try out here

−3

sirquincymac OP t1_j2kc583 wrote

Thanks mate, I think you are the first to offer any suggestions on making my graph more aesthetically pleasing 😂

kelvinwop t1_j2lb33g wrote

literally measure temperature in one room then another alternating on every other day then plot out two lines in different colors lol, its so simple

otherwise make two separate graphs... putting them together clearly draws attention to the point of change which is dumb

−1

hey-im-root t1_j2ityfu wrote

I didn’t see anything wrong with the graph and was surprised when I saw the comments. I guess you can be picky about just bout anything nowadays