Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

matman89 OP t1_j641rzf wrote

Thanks for your insights. I ended up removing zero from the axis because it was causing the distances between each game score to become not too noticeable. I let Tableau handle the setting of the axis range from there. In retrospect, I probably should have fiddled with that more.

Another thing I'll mention is that I had to setup a threshold for the number of votes that a game received. BoftW is super acclaimed, and has 1k+ votes. Funny enough, in third place was a game called Wreckfest, which I had never heard of. It had a score of 9.4, but only had 7 votes. I ended up requiring that the strongest and weakest games have at least 200 votes.

ploki122 t1_j64215n wrote

>in third place was a game called Wreckfest

Oh yeah... I played that. Probably on GamePass? It was actually quite fun, but lagged a bit at the time. Maybe not #3 of all Switch games, but easily in the top 300!

EmeraldHawk t1_j648z1q wrote

Removing zero from the axis was fine, almost no reviewers use the entire 10 point range for games. A 6/10 is widely considered terrible and a failure.

If strongest and weakest were shown on top of each other, it would be good to have them use the same range, though.