Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Navarchs t1_j5tji71 wrote

Does anyone actually pay by the GB though? Pay monthly for unlimited in ireland its like 15 euro.

xViSiOnGamer t1_j5to5b4 wrote

At least in Brazil it’s really common to pay by the gb

guaraci_the_sun_god t1_j5tqt05 wrote

We usually buy a specific amount of GBs

You buy like 4GB for a few bucks, when it's over you buy more

Flovati t1_j5tpu6g wrote

According to the graph Ireland has 1.5 euro per GB, so for 15 euro per month be worth it you would have to use more than 10GB of mobile data per month.

Do you guys actually use that much? Lol

G0ncalo t1_j5tuut3 wrote

I just got a text warning me that I’ve used 80% of my data. I have 40GB.

Koufaxisking t1_j5tw3cx wrote

I tend to use 400-450GB/month. Facetime 8-12 hrs per day on data.

−1

Paan1k t1_j5ujeqg wrote

Use wifi tho, data consumes way more energy and your amount is indecent

Koufaxisking t1_j5uxpz8 wrote

6Mbps over wifi vs 150-300 over cellular. The choice is very easy.

[deleted] t1_j5v2iu9 wrote

[deleted]

Koufaxisking t1_j5v72r0 wrote

Because installing fiber into the current building I live in is not viable. It's DSL internet instead. It's not like I'd just choose to have 6 Mbps when 1/10gig is an option. Instead unlimited data in a loosely rural but resort area means that it's much more effective to use cellular instead.

DerKnerd t1_j5vvo4r wrote

Used to be really common in the countryside in Germany. I guess there are still many villages with that issue.

MordorsElite t1_j5tw5w4 wrote

I guess it depends on your circumstances. I have WiFi at home where I both work and spend most of my free time, so while I used like 100mb of mobile data last month, I have over 60GB of WiFi usage.

Navarchs t1_j5txhfl wrote

Ah should have mentioned that's calls and texts too, but yeah depends on the month sometimes its way more sometimes less. On a bus watching shows is usually the data eater.

DerKnerd t1_j5uxiau wrote

Cries in Germany, paying 60 € for unlimited.

odnpnnnl t1_j5uzo9q wrote

im in moldova hre unlimited doesnt exist instead you pay 13$ a month and get 90gb + social network unlimited + yt, netflix, amazon prime etc unlimited.is I think its worth but 13$ is kinda much here

DerKnerd t1_j5v0qmw wrote

That is way better than here in Germany, you pay 20 € for 6 GB.

umse2 t1_j5vheo5 wrote

if you pick the most expensive carrier maybe... you can also get 20GB for 12€. Still more expensive then other countries, but not as bad as you described.
https://www.sim.de/

DerKnerd t1_j5vieko wrote

I was choosing the cheapest contract from the big three (O2, Telekom and Vodafone). If you want 5G with 500Mbits you are locked to one of the three.

SHTF_yesitdid t1_j5tt1ir wrote

I do, sort of. Rs 249 for 1.5 GB/ day for 28 days.

Man, that must suck in Cuba. $3 per GB is a lot especially with low purchasing power.

theshapattack8 t1_j5uimuu wrote

I’m currently in Argentina and I bought by the gb. 30gb a month for around $30USD / $10,000AR

rbnd t1_j5xjtdn wrote

Now the same price is also available in Germany:

Handytarif von freenet im o2 Netz mit unbegrenztem Datenvolumen, Telefon-Flat und 24 Monate Laufzeit für 15,57 € durchschnittlich pro Monat: https://c.24.de/mfso/yac4