Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

st4n13l t1_j6ieus5 wrote

So the first survey asked if the nuclear treaty should be a priority and the second one asked whether it should be a priority over human rights? How can you make a comparison between two very different questions?

jointheredditarmy t1_j6mbmov wrote

Because in geopolitics everything is on the table. There is a very imaginable scenario where Iran offers concessions to get to a nuclear deal in exchange for tacit support for its brutal crackdown over these protests. These polls let politicians know which way their constituents would prefer that they lean on the issue.

st4n13l t1_j6mct1y wrote

I didn't say there wasn't value in asking the question

BovaDesnuts t1_j6ifre8 wrote

This just in: Americans are awful with foreign policy

Next_Boysenberry1414 t1_j6jpbwe wrote

Honestly Nuclear deal is not going to do anything practical. If things get seriously screwed up, Russia can provide Nukes to Iran. If things are not seriously screwed up Iran is not going to be stupid enough to use a nuke. Even with nukes, Iran is not going to be a formidable opponent against US lead coalition without Russia or China as a backer.

Women's right on the other hand has much more important practical concerns.

BovaDesnuts t1_j6jprb7 wrote

An Iran without an independent nuclear program is an Iran that is tied to someone else's foreign policy, which sure is more stable than as a loose cannon without regional opposition.

Next_Boysenberry1414 t1_j6jqhq9 wrote

Iran with nukes would be the same.

Its not like you can eat nukes.

Look at north Korea.

maybe-okay-no t1_j6ko5nz wrote

Lol you don’t think Iran hasn’t been developing nuclear weapons?

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kocsh wrote

Not successfully. Especially not after what Ukraine and Israel just did to them

maybe-okay-no t1_j6konwe wrote

Allegedly. My dude, we killed Solomani in cold blood and almost started world war 3 in 2020. We’ve been having proxy wars with Iran for decades with their funded rebels. At this point, it’s probably better to just cut our losses with Iran.

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kot7w wrote

Idk man the Ukrainians were pretty open that they were involved. Revenge for the Shahed drones. Solemani got what he deserved.

maybe-okay-no t1_j6koz2q wrote

I’ve seen Israel was behind it. I’ve not seen any Ukrainian official say they were.

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kp70r wrote

I saw something earlier about a ukranian official who, when asked if they were involved, replied "call it revenge"

maybe-okay-no t1_j6kpp7c wrote

Nah, I see now there’s been a few comments made. I think in the sense that Iran has directly been involved in the war and they got what they deserved. It doesn’t really make sense what their involvement would be. It’s not like Israel doesn’t have their own drones or enough reasons to attack these sites. Iran has been using their drones on Israel for years. It just seems like usual shit talking, they did the same with the pipeline and bridge. Ukraine usually doesn’t brag when it does things like bombing things deep within Russia they usually say it’s a “smoking accident”

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kpw5k wrote

Israel isn't close enough to the facilities they bombed. Ukraine frequently has officials brag about their attacks but in a way that Zelenskyy can't be tied to it

maybe-okay-no t1_j6kqid3 wrote

That’s not necessarily true. Israel has been accused numerous times that they are operating out of Northern Iraq. Iran has hit numerous locations there claiming it was an Israeli base. https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/israel-iran-iraq-kurdistan-launch-pad-attack-how

I’m not saying it’s true but there seems to be a lot of fingers being pointed in that direction. It would be well within striking distance from there too.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/11/israel-asks-industry-to-develop-new-long-range-stealthy-armed-drones/

It’s not like they haven’t been developing this tech

gahidus t1_j6mb39i wrote

How so? Women's rights are more important than any sort of nuclear deal. The nuclear issue is comparatively irrelevant.

BovaDesnuts t1_j6mftew wrote

Iran might accept a nuclear deal, but they'll shoot as many women as if takes to dent them rights.

Creepy_Toe2680 OP t1_j6ieazl wrote

old article from 2022 oct I might add!

https://i.redd.it/oqlb9eny77fa1.png

🕊- Supporting Iranians protesting for

women's rights

☢-Re-entering the

nuclear deal with Iran

💭Not sure

Overall

31%💭

24%☢

44%🕊