Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kocsh wrote

Not successfully. Especially not after what Ukraine and Israel just did to them

maybe-okay-no t1_j6konwe wrote

Allegedly. My dude, we killed Solomani in cold blood and almost started world war 3 in 2020. We’ve been having proxy wars with Iran for decades with their funded rebels. At this point, it’s probably better to just cut our losses with Iran.

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kot7w wrote

Idk man the Ukrainians were pretty open that they were involved. Revenge for the Shahed drones. Solemani got what he deserved.

maybe-okay-no t1_j6koz2q wrote

I’ve seen Israel was behind it. I’ve not seen any Ukrainian official say they were.

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kp70r wrote

I saw something earlier about a ukranian official who, when asked if they were involved, replied "call it revenge"

maybe-okay-no t1_j6kpp7c wrote

Nah, I see now there’s been a few comments made. I think in the sense that Iran has directly been involved in the war and they got what they deserved. It doesn’t really make sense what their involvement would be. It’s not like Israel doesn’t have their own drones or enough reasons to attack these sites. Iran has been using their drones on Israel for years. It just seems like usual shit talking, they did the same with the pipeline and bridge. Ukraine usually doesn’t brag when it does things like bombing things deep within Russia they usually say it’s a “smoking accident”

BovaDesnuts t1_j6kpw5k wrote

Israel isn't close enough to the facilities they bombed. Ukraine frequently has officials brag about their attacks but in a way that Zelenskyy can't be tied to it

maybe-okay-no t1_j6kqid3 wrote

That’s not necessarily true. Israel has been accused numerous times that they are operating out of Northern Iraq. Iran has hit numerous locations there claiming it was an Israeli base. https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/israel-iran-iraq-kurdistan-launch-pad-attack-how

I’m not saying it’s true but there seems to be a lot of fingers being pointed in that direction. It would be well within striking distance from there too.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/11/israel-asks-industry-to-develop-new-long-range-stealthy-armed-drones/

It’s not like they haven’t been developing this tech