Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LordFaquaad t1_j3rn5y9 wrote

Do you mean he had investing partners?

Elbynerual t1_j3rnwo3 wrote

I believe it was his father iirc

LordFaquaad t1_j3rpkdc wrote

Could you point to the source please, I've not heard this. I know his dad was a congressman but he passed away when buffett was 33. Far before he was a large investor

Elbynerual t1_j3ru0o5 wrote

His initial money came from when he was a teenager i believe. Someone else responded to one of my comments and said it was when he was 14. He didn't start from nothing. He started with over 80,000 dollars in today's equivalent

LordFaquaad t1_j3s0wgj wrote

80k isn't really alot of money in investing. It's the equivalent of a drop in the ocean. Also he did work during his teen years doing paper routes and other odd jobs. Compared to buffet, bozos, gates etc. Were given far more

Elbynerual t1_j3s1lqk wrote

If you game me 80k right now I'd never have to work again, and if I lived as long as him I'm certain I could be a billionaire

−2

LordFaquaad t1_j3sebho wrote

80k would last you 3 years max and that's if you live frugally. If you think growing 80k into billions is easy, please go to r/wsb and let me know how that goes.

jrm19941994 t1_j3tk1nd wrote

Lol if thats actually true you must be a hell of a trader, I would consider getting in touch with a prop firm

Elbynerual t1_j3tkwfn wrote

I didn't say anything about trading

−1

jrm19941994 t1_j3tssxn wrote

Then please explain what investment will allow you to retire on $80k of capital