Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

trevor32192 t1_j5mymm5 wrote

The market doesn't determine anything. It's such a cop out. They arent worth it there is nearly zero impact.

pookiedookie232 t1_j5mzg95 wrote

Not worth it to you maybe, but if it's not your company your opinion doesn't matter

trevor32192 t1_j5mzsw4 wrote

Not worth it to anyone. There have literally been studies that show ceo impact is basically a statistical error. They basically do nothing. The only reason they are massively overpaid is because they are budies with the boards which often consists of other ceos and rich people.

pookiedookie232 t1_j5mzzol wrote

It must be worth it to someone or they wouldn't pay it. You don't get to decide what is worthwhile to others.

trevor32192 t1_j5n0bfc wrote

Can you even read my responses? Ceo impact is a rounding error this isnt debatable its empirical fact.

If you pay 20k for a piece of dog shit it doesn't suddenly make the dog shit more valuable.

pookiedookie232 t1_j5n0ib9 wrote

You apparently don't understand that other people get to value things differently than you.

Your measure of worth is not the same as everyone else on earth.

trevor32192 t1_j5n3w1z wrote

No I just can recognize a scam when I see it. It's not an opinion when there is empirical data.

pookiedookie232 t1_j5n5nkq wrote

The numbers may be empirical, but whether it is worth it or not is a matter of opinion.

Is $5,000 a lot of money? Opinions will vary, but the amount in question is the same.