Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Valeriy-Mark t1_iueiely wrote

I did not set my argument clear, yes, humans are animals. What I wanted to say by that though, is that we can easily control our instincts, we're a lot smarter than all the other animals. And people can easily fight horniness, the arguments "my instincts are hard to control" is a very lazy argument. The same argument can be used when you're in a heat of anger, which is an instinct too, but when people are angry they can easily control themselves and avoid the conflict/even a potential fight. The argument "I couldn't control my instincts" is a very lazy argument and it just shows that you're trying to get the blame out of yourself. Same with horniness

−4

odysseyshot t1_iuej2kt wrote

I'm not making an argument. This sub is r/explainlikeimfive so I was just trying to explain to you what is the most common explanation I've heard in the simplest way possible. I'm not advocating for or defending any practices.

I myself have no kids, have never had unprotected sex, and consider myself very in control of my emotions, so I don't even need to try to get out of any kind of blame. Anyway, I hope my explanation helped in some way.

Valeriy-Mark t1_iuekdvn wrote

I did not mean to say anything toward you particulary, and I apologize if I offended you in any way. By "you" I did not mean personally you, but just an abstract person. I'm just trying to have a discussion, I don't have anything against you!

And again, I'm sorry for offending you and please don't think I'm trying to attack you, I don't have banything against you