Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dirty_Quesadilla t1_j5hq2b9 wrote

Iamapartofthisworld t1_j5hzbub wrote

TIL drinking Michelob turns you into a cannibal

grumblyoldman t1_j5i9cuw wrote

Now I kinda want to tour a Michelob brewery to see how it's made. But at the same time, I think that might be a bad idea.

aegroti t1_j5jadj4 wrote

They give out tours as you're the secret ingredient.

HalfManHalfManatee t1_j5jst97 wrote

The tours are free and easy to take. But do you know anyone who's come back from one to tell you about it? Nope me neither.

Aldeobald t1_j5kleep wrote

Cannibal juice. And barley

Alternative-Sea-6238 t1_j5lvu1e wrote

Why not enjoy the experience of a great tasting beer without the hangover the next day? Why not savour the refreshing and crisp malt barley flavour as much as you want without worrying about having to get a taxi home? Michelob. Awesome beer. Alcohol free. (Warning, not suitable for vegetarians or people with haemochromatosis).

Binsky89 t1_j5k36nw wrote

Have you tried their cactus lime, though? I've been sober for 2 years with no real ceavings, but I really miss one of those after a day of working outside.

thatistoomany t1_j5k79fu wrote

Well done. Two years is a monumental achievement.

Binsky89 t1_j5kezvu wrote

While I appreciate it, it's not a monumental achievement for me.

I like to say that sober me is not an alcoholic, but tipsy me is. I have no problem at all not drinking, but if I start I have a hard time stopping. It's just easier for me to not drink than to try to practice moderation.

I say this to point out that I haven't faced the same struggles quitting that true alcoholics do.

thatistoomany t1_j5lz27h wrote

Fair enough. I went to rehab for drug use and have passed two years but it was terribly difficult at times and still can be. The people trying to deal with alcohol issues at the treatment centre I was at went through hell and I always feel for them and their struggle.

I just thought a good pat on the back might help as you worked through your recovery.

Glad you’re doing well either way.

Jpro325 t1_j5kul0e wrote

How old are you? If you’re still young keep an eye on that.

alexjaness t1_j5mbbiq wrote

yeah, but your conflating correlation with causation. Anyone who willingly drinks Michelob is already a cannibal.