Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Urc0mp t1_j91epac wrote

People be bitching but you can absolutely have cooked but still a bit chewy bacon like this and now you’ve got a sheet pan with glorious bacon fat to roast some veg in later.

OldKermudgeon t1_j91mivn wrote

This is the best way to prepare a lot of bacon at the same time, and the rendered bacon fat will be clear and be saved for later (roasted veg and potatoes, soup add-in, searing steak/pork, etc.).

Delicious!

reachouttouchFate t1_j94fc8z wrote

Doesn't the splatter hit the oven iron and inside top area? How do you clean those, especially the heating element so it doesn't send cleaning product fumes everywhere next time you turn the oven on?

susieq15 t1_j94r9nj wrote

It doesn’t splatter in the oven unless you are cooking it to high. I haven’t seen an oven in years that isn’t self cleaning but you can always wipe it out with wet paper towels when it is room temperature and get an oven pretty clean.

PryomancerMTGA t1_j91jrf0 wrote

Finally, someone that thinks like me. That is pure flavor.

tempo1139 t1_j934aeg wrote

there was an old Australian film with Sam Niel and Judy Davis... 'Children Of The Revolution" (great film). At one point a bunch of prisoners go on a hunger strike. To break the strike the guards got a bbq, started sizzling bacon with fans blowing through the place to carry the odour. The strike soon ended lol

MrPeppers123 t1_j92l2mr wrote

I only cook bacon in the oven now. Half the time I cook bacon is just for the fat for other cooking purposes and this method is beautiful for it

GrinderMonkey t1_j92rk5m wrote

Ugh. Tater tots from the frozen aisle 'baked' in bacon grease next to a bacon blue cheese smash burger is my weakness.

ricecilantrolime t1_j92t90u wrote

Wtf I never thought to do the veg on the same pan later…gsme changing

ailish t1_j935co2 wrote

When the grease is foamy like this the bacon is perfect. Crispy, but not burnt.

w4ffl3 t1_j92btth wrote

I cook my bacon in the air fryer nowadays in no small part because it's easy to recover the fat for later cooking.