Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Proper-Sentence2544 t1_jdqyu9y wrote

I’m looking at this with the same expression as the dog. Looks great.

Alicyl t1_jdr46ql wrote

Easily would fit onto my list of favorite types of stews. ❦

How is the corned beef prepared? It's sold at my local supermarket, but I've never cooked with it before—assumed it would crumble up when cooked similarly to ground meat.

Turtleramem OP t1_jdrat5a wrote

It was pre "corned." Basically ready to cook out the package. It braised it for several hours. It turns out tender but not crumbly.

As for recipe, I saw a recent video from Michael Symon and basically followed that. Began sauteing onions, carrots, and garlic in Dutch oven. When soft added corned beef and about a cup stock, then covered and braised in oven above two hours at 300. Then added chopped cabbage and taters, and braised for another couple hours. When finished diced up the corned beef

Jindabyne1 t1_jdr9h60 wrote

Your pictures are the only random dog pictures I appreciate on Reddit

UrDoinGood t1_jdrjofr wrote

This looks sooooo delicious

EnigmaticLadyVael t1_jdu0lqp wrote

Came here to say, the pups derp face made me giggle as I was scrolling by. 10/10 great chuckle, needed that serotonin boost. Thank you kindly! And if possible, give the pup a good old belly rub, from me. 🥰

hornetfork56 t1_jdubyqf wrote

Is it normal for the meat to be so pink?

zenroc t1_jdue6ep wrote

The color is normal for corned beef.
Corned meat is salt-cured, typically with nitrates (pink curing salts) which give it that bright pink color.

desastrousclimax t1_jdtarze wrote

ok. this is where it starts! I hereby protest to photoshop this doggy`s face into your meals! it has been going on for a while now...I love a furry lurker around the presentation but this is getting just ridiculous now! ;)

−1