Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mellowjo t1_iuhrbqn wrote

Thats not a real Currywurst tho..... Its a Bockwurst mit Ketchup und Currypulver.

nyrothia t1_iuibg5d wrote

the bockwurst looks deepfried - which would make this atrocity even worse.

SuddenCompetition262 t1_iui3ak0 wrote

Is that literally just ketchup and a bunch of curry powder dumped on top???

ABahRunt t1_iuivb2s wrote

Nope, it's worse than that. I was in Germany, they served us this for Currywurst wednesday. And i swear the curry powder was just turmeric and chilly.

−2

DrLoxi t1_iuhki6s wrote

Excuse me, Sir, this is just a Bratwurst with ketchup and some curry powder. This is not a Currywurst.

ziggystardust212 OP t1_iuhlwkk wrote

Lol idk I’m in Munich and this is what I was given. Id definitely prefer mustard tho lol

DrLoxi t1_iuhp52j wrote

In Munich you should try Weißwurst with mustard. That's a specialty you won't really get out of Bavaria.

seanske t1_iuhu6x4 wrote

I live in a rural town in Australia. Just checked online and my local butcher has Weißwurst.

albanak t1_iui5puy wrote

Get it with the sweet mustard (Süßer Senf) — when you bring it home do not fry/grill or any other hard and hot method, you want to steam them.

You'll need:

• Süßer Senf
  • Big fu*king Bretzel
  • Boiling water
  • Weißwurstle

Get a pot of boiling water, turn it off, immediately add room temp weißwurst, cover and let it sit for 10min

Once they're cooked, add them to your prepped plate with Bretzel and Senf, then you'll scrape the filling OUT of the casing. If you wanna eat Weißwurst the right way you do not eat the casing.

Weißwurst is an amazing thing when done right. Enjoy!

slekster t1_iuinqd4 wrote

What’s your take on putting some stock cubes in with the Weißwurst as well? I normally chuck in some Hühnerbrühe but I don’t know if that’s the approved method. Tastes good in any instance!

albanak t1_iuinxrp wrote

Never done it! Gonna have to go find an old Bavarian Oma and ask her!

brorix t1_iujcp1u wrote

Just water, nothing else. Bring the water to boil, add the sausages and put it off heat or low heat till done. Likely about 15 min.

Lionman_ t1_iui7xse wrote

I had the unfortunate experience of trying this in a train station in memmingen. It was not nice. Maybe it was a train station factor, but I didn't really seek weisswurst out again after that.

Pawpaw-22 t1_iuitfmu wrote

This looks legit, and so do the fries. I need the German Mayo for them though

eldritch_coffee t1_iuhm5q1 wrote

In some parts of Germany Currywurst is not made with those thick Bockwursts but Bratwurst instead.

DrLoxi t1_iuhoxiz wrote

It is always Bratwurst. Question is with or without Darm. It is never, never, never a Bockwurst.

RuudVanBommel t1_iuk9p62 wrote

>It is never, never, never a Bockwurst.

Getting Friesland Flashbacks. Got served a Bockwurst as Currywurst at a local diner when I visited my girlfriend. I blame VW and their Volkswagen-Currybockwurst.

ziggystardust212 OP t1_iujkfqu wrote

I’m so upset I was duped lol !!! I will try another place if I get another Germany trip! Thanks for all the info!!❤️

PaintedLady5519 t1_iuhturl wrote

I have complicated feelings about this

Jayeky t1_iuhxmw6 wrote

Don't worry it's okay to be mildly aroused by this.

Cremacious t1_iui76pw wrote

First time I had currywurst was earlier this year. Went up the Zeispitz in Germany and ate it at the resturant up there. I loved it so much I started making it at home.

The food I had in Germany was so good, and I would love to visit again and eat more.

EgoSenatus t1_iuhp757 wrote

Wouldn’t it then be called a Currywurst?

mkultra327 t1_iui1hhj wrote

God i loved german food/beer. I need to go back and get me some

SirZooalot t1_iuj00j0 wrote

For a real Currywurst it has to be a Bratwurst (pork) or a Rindswurst (cow). Also it has to be cut in mouth size pieces. Anyway, I want one now.