Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DrLoxi t1_iuhp52j wrote

In Munich you should try Weißwurst with mustard. That's a specialty you won't really get out of Bavaria.

seanske t1_iuhu6x4 wrote

I live in a rural town in Australia. Just checked online and my local butcher has Weißwurst.

albanak t1_iui5puy wrote

Get it with the sweet mustard (Süßer Senf) — when you bring it home do not fry/grill or any other hard and hot method, you want to steam them.

You'll need:

• Süßer Senf
  • Big fu*king Bretzel
  • Boiling water
  • Weißwurstle

Get a pot of boiling water, turn it off, immediately add room temp weißwurst, cover and let it sit for 10min

Once they're cooked, add them to your prepped plate with Bretzel and Senf, then you'll scrape the filling OUT of the casing. If you wanna eat Weißwurst the right way you do not eat the casing.

Weißwurst is an amazing thing when done right. Enjoy!

slekster t1_iuinqd4 wrote

What’s your take on putting some stock cubes in with the Weißwurst as well? I normally chuck in some Hühnerbrühe but I don’t know if that’s the approved method. Tastes good in any instance!

albanak t1_iuinxrp wrote

Never done it! Gonna have to go find an old Bavarian Oma and ask her!

brorix t1_iujcp1u wrote

Just water, nothing else. Bring the water to boil, add the sausages and put it off heat or low heat till done. Likely about 15 min.

Lionman_ t1_iui7xse wrote

I had the unfortunate experience of trying this in a train station in memmingen. It was not nice. Maybe it was a train station factor, but I didn't really seek weisswurst out again after that.