Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

velost t1_iwm08y5 wrote

As a german, it's certified as a well made schnitzel

RealMudflapper t1_iwl738p wrote

That’s looks so good. What’s the side? That looks good too.

MrGrieves123 OP t1_iwl94jc wrote

Thanks! It’s Gurkensalat, German cucumber salad.

RealMudflapper t1_iwlaefq wrote

Oh I’m looking into that. Thanks!

Also Gurkensalat might be the most perfect German word I’ve ever heard. I can’t stop saying it!

RolandMT32 t1_iwmkeky wrote

I think "dreikäsehoch" is one of my favorite German words

RealMudflapper t1_iwmmpb8 wrote

Wow, great word. I am fully on board with a cheese-based unit of measurement. I just cannot pronounce it.

Also not a real German word of course, but Graig Ferguson used to do a bit on the Late Late show about a German town called Poopenfarten and that just destroys me because I'm cursed with the mind of a 12-year-old boy, I guess.

I took 4 years of Spanish back in high school, but a friend of mine took German which was sadly not offered at my school. That's when I fell in love with the sound of the language; it's just so different than the romantic languages and so percussive and distinct.

RolandMT32 t1_iwmp2j3 wrote

In high school, I thought Spanish would have probably been the most practical foreign language to learn, but I wanted to do something different. I took 3 years of German and a year of Japanese

RealMudflapper t1_iwn5zgn wrote

I kinda wish I could have. I had honors Spanish in my sophomore and junior years, and then I made the honors course again senior year but the professor talked me into joining the advanced placement class, but I knew my limits and told her I would fail. Side story nobody asked for: She said if I got a C it would be worth an A, so I begrudgingly agreed. Halfway through the year, we were informed that a C would in fact not be worth an A, but that didn't matter anyway. I flunked it and I had to go to summer school. On the bright side, I spent the summer in an all-female school that only allowed boys during the summer, and I met some crazy cute, funny girls there. It was worth the F.

Mynock33 t1_iwlut3y wrote

Never seen with onions in it, want to try myself next time if I remember!

satori0320 t1_iwm3om9 wrote

I know what I am making for dinner...

Our favorite market makes boneless pork cutlets that are ran through the cubing device, making it easy to pound out into a really flat paillards.

Thank you for posting

AndrewNB411 t1_iwn115c wrote

What the hell is a cubing device

MrGrieves123 OP t1_iwn4gej wrote

You ever seen cubed steak at the store? It basically punches a bunch of holes in it to tenderize.

AndrewNB411 t1_iwn50mt wrote

I’ve seen little cubed steak.. like 2 cm by 2cm.. is that the size cube we are talking about?

Mr_Insomn1a t1_iwmbeo5 wrote

I made schnitzel about a month back, it’s honestly amazing. My only issue was finding a butcher that sold veal, so I had to settle on chicken schnitzel instead. Yours looks fantastic though

MrGrieves123 OP t1_iwmcvbt wrote

Thanks a lot! This ones actually chicken as well, my wife isn’t a fan of veal or pork but it’s not much of a compromise as the chicken version is tasty as well!

Mr_Insomn1a t1_iwmis21 wrote

I’ve never actually had veal, but I do tend to prefer chicken to pork, so that was the best middle ground for me. Glad it turned out so well though.

ExcellentWeekend9877 t1_iwmzq61 wrote

What's the seasonings in the breading? Looks so goog

MrGrieves123 OP t1_iwn4yf4 wrote

I just used an off the shelf tube herbed bread crumbs and ran them through a food processor to get a fine powder.

Different_Tea5555 t1_iwn02d0 wrote

Damn I didn't know they named a dish after the Chowder character

Perfect_Entertainer7 t1_iwncwa3 wrote

This is absolutely stunning! I am so jealous of this I can’t even begin to describe my jealousy….

kyleswitch t1_iwnf9ur wrote

Can we get the cucumber salad recipe?! Looks very yum!

Basdad t1_iwnuvxx wrote

I hear Terri Garr talking about Schnitzel Grubben.

AutoModerator t1_iwl3s3q wrote

Tune into our next Live Talk for the star of Hit The Kitch and Bon Appétit fame, Molly Baz.

Molly will be running a Thanksgiving Hotline, the talk starts 8am PST on Tue 22th November.

You can follow the scheduled talk HERE, hit the follow and bell icon to get a notification once the post goes live.

Please note that questions are being pre-collected for this talk, please use this link to submit your questions: https://forms.gle/PzdtwEHF2tJiajAc6

We also welcome back our brilliant talk hosts, Pod Appétit: Gourmet Takes.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.