Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TogaPower t1_iy46bdn wrote

Reply to comment by Excludos in Patty melt [homemade] by JesusJugs123

Have you bothered checking the math on your odds of dying if 100 people die against the number of burgers consumed a year? Better yet, check the math on how many of those 265,000 infections were caused by burgers, how many of those were definitely because the burger wasn’t cooked enough, and then take that number against the number of burgers consumed a year. You’re worrying over nothing dude. Not only are the odds of dying extremely low (and by that point we can get into other countless more dangerous things), but simply the odds of infection are ridiculously low

Excludos t1_iy4ccmr wrote

>Have you bothered checking the math on your odds of dying if 100 people die against the number of burgers consumed a year?

Dunno about you, but I'd worry about the odds of getting sick as well. 265000 a year is not an insignificant amount of number. Equally important, the reason the numbers are so low to begin with is precisely because of strict restaurant rules and population education. People know not to make a pink burger. If everyone made pink burgers and the numbers were still this low, you'd have a legit argument

​

>Better yet, check the math on how many of those 265,000 infections were caused by burgers, how many of those were definitely because the burger wasn’t cooked enough

100% of them, because e.coli dies with temperature. So all of those burgers were inadequately cooked. The only argument I'll give you is that some of the cases have been because of cross contamination with vegetables, which aren't all necessarily suppose to be cooked. But I'd still point you to my previous argument. Just because no people have died from a nuke in 2022 doesn't mean setting off nukes are fine. The numbers are low precisely because people don't generally eat pink-burgers

−6

thereisgummies t1_iy6mg4n wrote

Dude you do know you're more likely to get e.coli from improperly washed veg, contact with a sick person, and contaminated water than beef right?

Like those 265,000 cases don't come exclusively from under cooked burgers, you know that right?

Excludos t1_iy7bjls wrote

I already addressed this in my previous comment in which you replied to, you know that right?

thereisgummies t1_iy7rkz0 wrote

Mmm no you didn't.

"Some from cross contaminated vegetables" vastly understate that the vast majority of that 265k isn't caused by under cooked burgers.

a. The veg isn't "cross contaminated" b. You're most likely to catch it from exposure to run off water or exposure to someone with e.coli as it is incredibly highly transmissable

>how many were caused by burgers

And I quote

>100% of them