Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NightsWatch23 OP t1_j6016th wrote

Makes 8pcs

Ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup cold butter (cut into small cubes), 3/4 cup milk, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup diced ham (thinly sliced ones at deli), 2 tbsp parsley flakes

Directions: (preheat oven to 425F), line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

1. Combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt in a bowl

2. Add the cold butter pieces to the flour mixture. Crumble together until butter is fully incorporated with flour (grainy texture)

3. Add the milk to flour mixture. Combine everything until you form a smooth dough. Then add ham slices, shredded cheese and parsley. Combine again.

4. Put the dough on a floured flat surface. Press the dough down with your palm until its half an inch thick. Cut into equal 8 pizza like shape or wedges.

5. Put the wedges on baking sheet, put more cheese on top and sprinkle some parsley on top as well before baking (optional)

6. Bake for 18 mins. Serve warm.

Protolictor t1_j60qc42 wrote

Seeing this made me realize I've never had a savory scone. Now I really want to try one.

NightsWatch23 OP t1_j60qgkc wrote

You should! It's pretty good! 12/10 😍

Protolictor t1_j60qpn1 wrote

After looking over the recipe, I'm just gonna make a batch this weekend. I just need to pick up some ham.

Thanks!

Needydadthrowaway t1_j62mte3 wrote

That looks awesome. I was planning to make scones this weekend, I'll try some savoury ones!