Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ItalianMeatBoi t1_j5shavy wrote

Fuck “Taxachusetts” high taxes and roads full of holes

−5

wobwobwob42 t1_j5trjda wrote

Holy shit that's a dumb old myth.

Massachusetts smack dab in the middle of taxes, even though we carry everybody else's fucking weight.

The_Sloth_Racer OP t1_j5skkmx wrote

> Fuck “Taxachusetts” high taxes

I hate the taxes but at the same time, we have some critical programs here that need to be funded. The problem in Mass isn't that there's not enough money as our previous governor Baker got us out of debt and now Mass has a huge surplus budget which I don't think many states can claim. The problem in Mass is nepotism and somehow funds "disappear" or go to the wrong things/people. We provide MassHealth (expanded Medicaid) which is basically free healthcare for those that need it (poor, elderly, disabled, etc.)... best schools... gun control... no weather that's trying to kill us like fires, earthquakes, floods, mudslides, tornados, hurricanes, etc. Before I was on MassHealth, I had private HMO insurance from an employer and ended up over $30K in debt before my mid-20s, now I pay nothing. I couldn't afford my medical care if I lived in another state.

> and roads full of holes

As far as the roads, there's nothing we can do about that due to the constantly changing weather and temperatures, the roads warp and break, which happens everywhere in New England. Mass has more residents driving on roads so they break down faster than less populated states like NH and VT. Unless we stop semi trucks and changing weather, the roads will continue to fall apart more quickly than in the rest of the country.