Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Kraichgau t1_j7kh31y wrote

I had already thrown away my Ionic because it got water damage (from swimming, which is part of what it was designed for) right after warranty ran out.

Suddenly getting the full purchase price back was a pleasant surprise and well deserved for that shitty product quality.

Pyrotha t1_j7kj7fv wrote

My ionic died after washing my hands. Contacted them, found out about the recall lol

heresy123 t1_j7ko5dk wrote

Were you able to get a refund without physically returning the device?? Mine failed after 1 year and a month so I had already thrown it away shortly before the recall was announced and think I was told you needed the watch itself 😭

Kraichgau t1_j7kp0vv wrote

Yes, they just instructed me to destroy it. You need access to the Fitbit account that it was connected to.

heresy123 t1_j7ksm1p wrote

Weird. They sent me a return kit last year and instructed me to return the device to them. I just tried to click through the refund page again and it’s asking for my address for a physical return kit again… I’m in California.

Kraichgau t1_j7kthg7 wrote

I'm in Germany, maybe they didn't want to deal with overseas shipping.

who_you_are t1_j7krfko wrote

I'm in Canada, I did the recall like 4 months ago. They only ask me to dispose it.

I just needed to login into the Fitbit app, unpaid the watch and fill a form.

The reason I did the recall is it stop working :p

heresy123 t1_j7kssj0 wrote

Hmm that’s odd. Did they not ask you for an address to mail a return kit to?