Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Abbhrsn t1_j7nyhrw wrote

Am I the only one that kinda hates that the headset doesn't connect to PC? Lol, like, I already own a headset for my PC but if this one could be used as an upgrade for my PC headset I'd be a whole lot more tempted to buy one. I get they wanna force people to use their hardware..but it feels like getting some sales on hardware to people that don't have the console would be a plus for them.

SmashTagLives t1_j7ohui0 wrote

Optimism baby. Optimism, foveated rendering, and the chance that you might buy a ps5.

Why empower your competition when you intend on dominating the market

Reddeadseries t1_j7oy3as wrote

Because the real money is in the software sales. Sony gets 30% cut on their psn store

Abbhrsn t1_j7p19oo wrote

True, maybe they should go Oculus and release their own store that you have to use on their headset, and release it on PC..haha, I guess it'd make it easier to crack at that point though.

Cryptolution t1_j7onkss wrote

Hopefully someone will crack it and we can eventually use it for the PC! However realistically when that's a possibility it will probably just make more sense to buy a different newer and better headset.

Abbhrsn t1_j7p16to wrote

Yeah, I don't think it happened with the original so probably won't with this one..I think people that would enjoy that feature that have the console and headset would just buy a Quest or something at that point, after you've already dropped that much money what's a bit more matter.

GatoradeNipples t1_j8lkeqr wrote

It did happen with the original headset, it just had limited utility because the Move dildos weren't compatible with anything. So it only really worked with stuff where you could play with a gamepad, which isn't a huge proportion of VR games.

If Sony's using more... normal controllers this time, and PSVR 2 is on par with the other options instead of being kind of weird and janky, there'll probably be a lot more interest in making it work well.