Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

microfsxpilot t1_j7n4yiu wrote

Careful. Reddit is filled with FaceID fanboys that will defend it to the grave. I’ve gotten downvoted to hell for criticizing it.

I just wish Apple would give us both. I routinely wear a headset and sunglasses at work and faceid refuses to work. At night/morning time, my double chin is so prominent, faceid refuses to work. But my finger would work 95% of the time

lol_roast_me t1_j7n585b wrote

Yeah they literally have the technology to do both idk why they haven't. Even if it was just in the pro models, I feel like that could inclinate people to buying it alone.

Weak_Antelope_2914 t1_j7o8kx5 wrote

I setup alternate appearance in the settings with all my disguises.

microfsxpilot t1_j7o967f wrote

Would just be easy if they let us use our fingerprint. My $200 Android unlocks so much faster than my $1100 iPhone because it has a finger print scanner I can press while my phone is still in my pocket

EmpatheticRock t1_j7w1wjh wrote

Maybe you should do a rescan. I've never had an issue with FaveID on my 14 pro with sunglasses, headsets, hats, n95 masks.

microfsxpilot t1_j7wba38 wrote

Could be worth a shot. It struggles when I’m flying with a headset on, mic in front of my lips, and sunglasses

Blaaa5 t1_j84uu04 wrote

I also have a 14 pro but at night in bed, the faceid has trouble unlocking and most of the time I have to type in my passcode. I wish we’d get both options, at least for the pro series.

EmpatheticRock t1_j868y7t wrote

Add another FaceID scan in the dark. I've never had an issue, even when taking my 14 Pro Max off the magsafe stand at weird angles in the dark it's already unlocked before I can even notice.

cjc323 t1_j7p35jq wrote

my samsung has had both for years also.

SandstormMZ t1_j7sgx73 wrote

Not exactly related but I've got a Huawei mate 30 Pro and it has both of them. It is so convenient to use (if you are willing to sideload Google and stuff) as it has proper face id too (unlike Samsung) and an optical fingerprint sensor.

microfsxpilot t1_j7sjc5d wrote

I would love a Huawei phone honestly

SandstormMZ t1_j7thsbn wrote

I'd say go for it if you don't care about messing around with it, any of the mate xx pro will have face id and optical sensor. Mate 50 pro is amazing but it's also pretty expensive for the cost of messing around.

throwawaynerp t1_j7qo5ry wrote

It's ownership. FaceID is Apple's way of doing it. You're on an Apple device. You're an Apple user. It's a whole identity. I got those vibes on the 4S when they were cracking down hard on jailbreaking and introduced stuff in hardware to make it near impossible. I jumped ship, never looked back. You want to have that kind of attitude as a company and I've got no use for you.

−1