Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nonagonsopen t1_ja4nwp4 wrote

It's not negativity or that I don't like the country? lol It's just a fact that India is loaded with slaves and I'm simply shining a light on the fact. I don't want them to be exploited further by giant tech companies. Guess we shouldn't talk about it so it goes unoticed.. that seems like the ideal solution /s haha

I'm trying to help them.

https://www.antislavery.org/what-we-do/past-projects/india-debt-bondage/

Guess we can't call them slaves we have to call them "bonded laborers" which is cough cough a slave.

I love everyone in the world and I don't want anyone to have to be a slave or a bonded laborer or whatever word you want to call it.

UtsavTiwari t1_ja5r8ud wrote

I mean everyone has to do job to make money and even if any company or big tech is coming in the country its giving Job opportunity which will further allow India or any third world country to Increase Human Development Index.

nonagonsopen t1_ja5xwle wrote

Yeah they definitely need big companies to help job growth. It just sucks all these major companies select third world countries and economically deprived countries just cause they know they can exploit the workers for the lowest wages possible. All so they can make insane profits themselves.

−1

Turtleduckgoesquack t1_ja6ge9e wrote

It's unfortunate but these large corporations are the only ones which can hire large low skilled or unskilled labour forces in India and other developing countries, and as abusive as they might be, their presence does help the economy and eventually the poor in those countries.

Mahameghabahana OP t1_ja5w7wi wrote

Your country should manage their prision slaves first, the number of prision slave in USA is comparable to china which has 4 times the population of USA.

nonagonsopen t1_ja5xgql wrote

Yeah I completely agree. Every country has extreme problems. Still doesn't take away from the fact that India has that many slaves outside of prison.

Mahameghabahana OP t1_ja70bz2 wrote

Our prison are government owned and slavery is banned. At least learn something before commenting.

MightyMoonwalker t1_ja747jv wrote

Illegal doesn't mean nonexistent. We know it's banned, and we know it's still a problem.

Mahameghabahana OP t1_ja775cn wrote

Bonded labours sadly do happen in informal brick making but otherwise not really. I am not aware of prision slavery in india. The workers on factories are represented by various unions and so at the farmers.