Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

gdubh t1_irr5j3r wrote

65 inch 4K at Costco right now for $350

evilohm t1_irr7ya3 wrote

The tv on the post is stupid expensive cause is OLED and has true HDR capabilities. All OLEDs cost thousands

Crankshaft1337 t1_irremli wrote

The 65 inch c1 is at Costco on sale for 855

drewret t1_irtuut8 wrote

i just looked and i don’t believe you

Bob_Chris t1_iru97zk wrote

Hahaha no. Maybe there is one demo model somewhere that is close to that but it certainly isn't replicable by 99. 99% of buyers.

I did see the demo model of the A80CJ marked down to $900. My issue is you have no idea of how many hours are on the panel.

Beznia t1_is2zbxh wrote

I picked up a C8 from a Best Buy in 2020 for $898. Floor model, listed online for $1098. Went to pick it up and saw a sticker showing $898. They said it was an accident but still matched the price.

Brought it home, it had over 14,000 hours in the previous 2 years being used as a floor model, so it was on just about 24/7 for 2 years. It had the "Best Buy" logo burned in covering a good portion of the screen.

I called up LG and reported burn-in, and knowing they offer 1 free panel replacement even outside warranty, they actually sent out a technician to swap it out. It's sitting at almost 19K hours now and perfect :)

Bob_Chris t1_is3hou3 wrote

Maybe I should have grabbed the A80J lol. Not that Sony would do a panel swap

yeahyeahyeah00002 t1_irrdifc wrote

I recently got a 55" lg g1 oled for $999 at bestbuy. It costed LESS than the 55" c1 at the time.

ShawnyMcKnight t1_irrgfj9 wrote

I saw that deal. I wish I waited for that. I got the C1 55 inch during the holiday season thinking $1300 was as good as it gets for a while. The G1 is very impressive

yeahyeahyeah00002 t1_irvxv7a wrote

One thing that bugs me is that you can't hook up audio through the optical output AND have Bluetooth surround speakers. It's only the TV speakers + bt speakers. I want to use all 3 audio outputs.

happybarfday t1_irrggn9 wrote

Prob a no name brand that looks like shit with terrible color and viewing angles. Fine for joe schmo who just wants to watch NFL and movies with The Rock, but there’s a reason some people pay more…

gdubh t1_irrlwku wrote

It looked great.

−2

happybarfday t1_irrmpy0 wrote

I'm sure it looked great relatively speaking. Any modern 4K OLED TV looks amazing compared to LCDs or HD TVs from a few years back. But if you put it side-by-side with a top of the line latest LG model or whatever that's calibrated properly, then you'd see clear differences in what you're missing. Again, not a big deal for regular joe's who don't know or care about the ins-and-outs of picture quality, but there IS a difference.

gdubh t1_irrncci wrote

I’m squarely in the regular Joe camp. But I’ll just trust you that I’m missing nuances of The Office on my 10th rewatch.

happybarfday t1_irro5r6 wrote

Yeah I mean, again I didn’t say there’s anything wrong with being a regular Joe with regular Joe needs who watches regular Joe shows like The Office, but then regular Joe also should understand there are reasons why film buffs or whatever want to pay more and it’s not a waste of money to them.

It’s like people who don’t care about cars and just want an econobox to get to and from work. That’s fine, but there’s a reason car freaks will pay 4x as much for a car that doesn’t look all that much different on the exterior but has a clear difference under the hood.

aVRAddict t1_irroisd wrote

The difference in tvs is so small now it isn't worth it even oled vs lcd. The tech is old shit anyways I use my VR headset for any watching now it's just better to have my own theater.

−4