Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

donttakethelemons t1_iu6tydh wrote

The only benefit I can see is having everything fit smoothly in a laptop case

swerbdnastnulb t1_iu8nx8l wrote

There are mouses that can bend while you use it and snap flat when you want to store it, like this

Lung_doc t1_iu8y6uo wrote

I bought one of those some years back (microsoft arc). I found the feel /shape when using the mouse seemed a little off, and it's lack of a functional scroll wheel was very annoying. Though it has thousands of positive reviews on Amazon; looks like some people do like it even with the $50-70 price tag.

I bought instead a "slim" (their name) jelly comb mouse for $11, and it works great. Doesn't even take up much more room since it is slightly fatter but more compact.

But the arc mouse does look really cool.

is-that-a-thing-now t1_iu8z2tf wrote

I had an original Arc and it rocked. Had a virtual scroll wheel and while it felt weird it was solid.

It eventually died and I replaced it, but the virtual scroll was gone so it felt like shit to use.

swerbdnastnulb t1_iu9d6fm wrote

Oh I agree with you. I switched to a simple wireless Logitech mouse instead. But it is functional at least, unlike this one haha

Neo_Techni t1_iuelcio wrote

The plural of mouse is mice

swerbdnastnulb t1_iuelxog wrote

Thanks but I think since it’s an acronym in this case, either one works

−1

cranktheguy t1_iuhzmbb wrote

Mouse is an acronym?

swerbdnastnulb t1_iuifh40 wrote

Manually-Operated User-Selection Equipment

bobbarkersbigmic t1_iu7e3g4 wrote

Yeah someone should really make a laptop case with a pouch to put a regular mouse in…. /s

−10

CMDR_KingErvin t1_iu7gpar wrote

Meanwhile nowadays everyone has thick 10 inch iPhones with massive camera bumps, huge cases, and pop sockets on the back and they manage to somehow fit them next to their asses in their jeans pockets. But yeah, how could we ever survive without a flat mouse lol.