Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JerryNicklebag t1_ivu78ib wrote

Wait for the new AMD cards in December. Why buy an expensive fire hazard made by Nvidia?

BCCMNV t1_ivu9arz wrote

I just got a 3080 non-ti brand new for less than MSRP and I'm sure it's the last Nvidia ill buy for a few cycles.

But I also won't upgrade it for a few years, its plenty.

regiumlepidi t1_iw2326b wrote

Bro you better have bought under MSRP lmao the new gen is out, still doesn’t mean you haven’t wasted money

BCCMNV t1_iw2d7ye wrote

I did, I feel like I timed it as the 3080's bottomed out ahead of the 40xx hype

Guy_V t1_ivuh56b wrote

But with the demand, will I be able to get one at Best Buy or Microcenter? I need more pixels on Custom Order Maid 2.

Austoman t1_ivukxyu wrote

Holyshit I thought I was going crazy.... i did read your comment correctly the first time as it turns out.

What a guy

KansaiKanpai t1_ivviy7l wrote

That’s what I’m doing. I’m just so damn confused about AMDs naming scheme lol

PEi_Andy t1_ivyevml wrote

I would love to buy a 7900XTX in December, but realistically speaking the scalpers are going to make that borderline impossible just like the 4090 has been since launch

[deleted] t1_ivu9iaq wrote

Edit: Putting the 4080 benchmark into my first comment since people are asking for source on the raster estimate which is fair https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-overclocking-and-4k-gaming-benchmarks-leaked

These 4080 benchmarks are from tech outlets that already have the card and should be pretty accurate and it's hitting numbers right around what AMD claims the XTX can do. Personally if the 4080 is really trading blows with the XTX I'd pay $200 more for better RT and DLSS3.

−16

iwannahitthelotto t1_ivuapvx wrote

Don’t think that’s true. The rasteration is better than 4080 by significant margin. But the RT is not as good.

hnzie33 t1_ivu9vbk wrote

And your source is?

Might_Be_The_NSA t1_ivuajky wrote

The AMD presentation..? They laid out the numbers and you can pretty easily draw conclusions based on them. He's probably wrong about the 7900XTX matching the 4080 - the 7900XTX is faster.

He's right about RT though, the 7900XTX matches the 3090/3090Ti in that department, so will be quite a bit behind the 4080.

[deleted] t1_ivua33f wrote

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-overclocking-and-4k-gaming-benchmarks-leaked

4080 benchmarks are getting leaked and should be fairly accurate. It's hitting numbers right around what AMD is claiming with the XTX.

Reliv3 t1_ivxpmhw wrote

Amd is claiming a 1.5x - 1.7x uplift over the 6950. I think you need to check your mathematics here, friend, because you're spreading some questionable information. Let's take the OC'd 4080 and compare it to the 6950.

15,062 ÷ 10644 ~ 1.415. This means the overclocked 4080, which may cost more than the $1200 msrp, is only 41.5% faster than the 6950. If amd isnt bullshitting us, then the overclocked 4080 will be slower than the 7900xtx.

jnemesh t1_ivucagu wrote

You don't have benchmarks on either, so your assumption is just that. But based on what we know, the XTX should be SIGNIFICANT faster than the 4080 in raster, ESPECIALLY if you get an AIB card that pumps up the power to 450 watts!

For RT, we will have to just wait for actual numbers. As for DLSS? AMD has FSR, and while DLSS might have a SLIGHT edge in overall quality, you have to strain to see the differences in most of the comparisons I have seen. Buying overpriced hardware because of a SOFTWARE feature is ludicrous in any case.