Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LtRonKickarse t1_ixpete6 wrote

I’ve been using this daily since Ventura came out and have not experienced any of these issues. That’s with iPhone 13 and 14 Pro Max versions, on a 14” MBP. Admittedly, it’s chonky enough to give more base weight than the old MBA he uses, but still. The main issue I’ve found is that I need the screen to be more vertical than normal, which is the opposite of what’s shown in the review. I also use an Apple MagSafe leather case, his is third party which might explain the issues he has with it not staying attached - it’s as tough to take off my phone as it was for him to remove from the lunchbox.

JoeSmithDiesAtTheEnd t1_ixragnb wrote

It’s been fine for me also. Not terrible, not great. My phone is naked, so I wonder if the writer of that article is experiencing too much weight once you factor in the case. My iPhone 14 Pro Max hasn’t fallen off the magnet at all in daily use. The only issue I’m having is the little fold out lip of the mount really limits what angle your display can be.

It’s overpriced, that’s for sure. I’ll dump mine as soon as someone comes out with a solid quality permanent mount that isn’t ugly.