Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jotegr t1_j1zo6k1 wrote

1. The title feels like a poor attempt at an Xzibit throw back to a simpler time of the internet

2. Strapping a 15 pound battery pack to a seatstay seems like a really cool way to fuck up your Specialized Stumpjumper

3. Kill it with fire - it seems vastly inferior to an fatbike, electric or not, and I doubt it'll provide superior flotation than a 5 inch tire fat bike

Edit: Yo Dawg, we heard you liked snow bikes, so we strapped a belt to yo bike so you can bike in the snow.

TheDarkClaw t1_j1zxzy8 wrote

>so we strapped a belt to yo bike so you can bike in the snow.

I earn this this was already a thing and it doe make biking in the snow easier because the belt drive wont rust.

BadMedAdvice t1_j23vxht wrote

Umm... Belt instead of chain? Yes. Belt instead of rear tire? Just... Why?

asdaaaaaaaa t1_j25a2r0 wrote

It just seems like a poorly conceived idea being marketed towards success. A lot of "technology" or ideas that aren't that great get bought and marketed as this cool new thing that will totally change X industry, despite everyone in that industry knowing exactly why it won't. The sad part is, many are successful because people fall for it, like those things you plug into your OBD or "essential oils".

Edit: HOLY FUCK

>The S-Trax Snowbike Conversion Kit sells for €2,499.99

That's as much as a (cheaper) used snowmobile from what I see. It also apparently doesn't even come with its own motor, which other conversion kits do too.

jotegr t1_j25b95k wrote

A sled can handle deep snow too, I don't think this could do anything better than a similarly priced electric fat bike.

asdaaaaaaaa t1_j25bwgg wrote

But this thing costs more than many electric fat bikes alone, and doesn't even come with its own motor. It's just a really bad deal. Again, this is without a motor, something from what I've seen other companies include, and costs more than other options including an entire electric bike on its own.