Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Feisty-Juan t1_j26yss7 wrote

Saudis are creeping in to all our lives slowly but steadily! You see the commercials for Public.com? It’s Saudi owned and a mix of investing/ social media. But if you say something negative about the Saudi’s? They disable your account so you can’t post. But will let you keep your money in. I left .02 cents in! I’m not allowed to have a negative honest opinion well then here’s my 2 cents

mrpoops t1_j277ys3 wrote

Oil is out. Like, long term…it’s out. It’s still what powers everything but it’s untenable. Can’t burn t-rex queefs forever, gotta move on.

Moving ground transportation to all electric…that alone covers a sizable chunk. And we’re on our way towards that already. As climate change gets more “in your face” in the next few years…attitudes towards oil are gonna take a steep turn. Like tobacco…

The saudis are buying up all the eggs and all the baskets they can afford.

supersloo t1_j27jod4 wrote

I think the Saudis just bought Valvoline, they own part of Port Arthur, Texas too.

Artanthos t1_j28ojw9 wrote

The Saudi’s are smart enough to learn from history.

They are diversifying now, while wealthy, instead of repeating the mistakes of Spain during their Golden Century.

masterwizardy t1_j298cw5 wrote

Exactly. Saudis own much of the EV company Lucid.

Reason #1 I will never purchase a Lucid

Artanthos t1_j28oa48 wrote

Oil is used for far more than just fuel.

It’s one of the backbones our civilization is built upon.

Lallo-the-Long t1_j28yiwq wrote

True, but the vast majority of it is used for fuel. Fuel is what keeps the price of oil where it is, not any of the other uses.

KruppeTheWise t1_j28qmt3 wrote

Consider in a globalised capitalist economy, every time you participate in that economy you are if not directly then indirectly increasing the wealth of those with large amounts of capital in the game.

It's like when people say "don't support Nestle don't buy these products!"

Guess what, Nestle hold billions in diversified stock options. Buying an iPhone supports Nestle. Buying a competing product supports Nestle. Not directly, but indirectly and when they make a dollar either way how exactly does that even matter?

[deleted] t1_j299l0f wrote

Actually, by volume, mankind could nearly quite literally burn “t-Rex queefs” forever.

clearlynotstefan t1_j27wtti wrote

Pretty sure they used musk just to kill Twitter. That deal saddled them with so much debt that they'd collapse even with the best leadership. I can't see any reason for them to finance that deal besides to make sure that platform goes under

foofork t1_j2870oz wrote

If Twitter continues to survive they are happy to chase away progressives from the platform.

antrky t1_j28n0c2 wrote

They and other oil nations own half of London too.

FinnaToke t1_j28i5cd wrote

WOAH. We ain’t israel. Cmon the mossad will have your hea…..

Dmoe33 t1_j27ncpx wrote

That's becoming the norm sadly. It happens on reddit all the time as well as other apps.

Hell look what happened with Twitter.

−1