Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Equivalent_Arugula86 t1_j2v5ysp wrote

I used to be an apple fanboy. I can’t see this being popular. I’m going to reserve my judgement until I see the product though - people were extremely sceptical of the idea of an apple phone and it definitely caught on. However the rumoured price is laughable, don’t get me started on the waist battery pack. Whatever excitement I had for AR/VR is gone - I fear that everything bad in our digital world (the monopolies and iron fist rules of app stores , the violation of our privacy , the algorithmic content designed to keep you engaged and enraged etc ) will only become worse when the device is literally shoved on you. Old Zuckie boy sure showed us the way.

sillypicture t1_j2vpkac wrote

First iteration(s) may be crap but I'm in the camp that is for a waist mounted everything and a comfortable headset. I feel vr is more practical as an attachment to a desktop and engaged at home or similar safe environment.

To be outside, it should be less vr more hud. Read: "wtf was this wanker's name again??"

Mega anti apple though

raduhs t1_j2wux63 wrote

you clearly haven't played VR nor did you see all of zuckerberg's interviews on it. dude loses billions to make technological improvement - definitely not a saint since they eat your privacy for breakfast but for those of us that do enjoy VR, he's one of the main reasons it's progressing.

Equivalent_Arugula86 t1_j2yu1lb wrote

I’ve got a valve index. I would argue that instead he’s bought out so many studios and stifled competition instead. Hope you’re enjoying the pinnacle of progression that is the metaverse though!

raduhs t1_j2yunjf wrote

watch his joe rogan interview he touches on what goes into the development in great detail