Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RZ_1911 t1_j5ke57k wrote

Graphics evolution in low power bracket is extremely slow. Slowest possible

Evolution in sub 100w is faster but 10 years does not provided much difference in terms of architecture .all performance gains is mostly rely on lithography and clock speeds . And that’s the saddest part . Last lithography which added power efficiency was 14nm. That’s why ps5 does not started new next gen era .. ps5 is not far from ps4

SCPH-1000 t1_j5keinw wrote

> ps5 is not far from ps4

yeah ask any games developer what they have to say about that, or just look at cross gen titles that are on PS4 and PS5. Like for real. Look at GT7, or God of War: Ragnarok or Horizon Forbidden West or any number of cross gen titles on both platforms and tell me they’re “not far apart”. Worst case you’re getting double the frame rate along with significant resolution boosts on the PS5 version while also essentially eliminating loading.

That gap is huge already and will only grow as games in development that target only PS5 from the ground up and don’t have to worry about the PS4 versions come out.

RZ_1911 t1_j5kq47d wrote

Well-lets be clear - if your gpu is unable to hold native resolution at at least 30 fps and rely on upscale - that means gpu is not sufficient for that resolution . And don’t forget the cpu part . In ps4 as cpu acted 8x netbook core cluster. Which was total junk even on release date . Previous generation of those cpu was destroyed by Intel ivy bridge U(15w ) i3 . Where 2 cores 4 threads of i3 completely destroyed 4 cores amd counterpart . I am highly doubt that this cpu changed much for consoles in next generation

−1