Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

garry4321 t1_j6jhbth wrote

I'll bash Apple on all kinds of stuff (anti-competition, breaking older phones intentionally using software, gouging customers, etc.).

A product making false calls that need a simple "it was a mistake" discussion for a feature that has saved MANY lives, is not something bashable.

msgnyc t1_j6jrlos wrote

my favorite was "You're holding it wrong" 🤣

garry4321 t1_j6jsscy wrote

What about making a pocket phone that bends easily when in a pocket?

msgnyc t1_j6jtafi wrote

unfortunately that's the consequences of them (edit: as in Phone manufacturers, not just Apple) wanting to make thinner n thinner n thinner phones.

YnotBbrave t1_j6kr3u7 wrote

so out of the 113 calls how many times were the 911 unable to call back, have the guy pick up and phone and say "no, I'm ok"? because 15% extra overhead of a phone call per real 911 call isn't much, even before the apple fix. If that doesn't work, and police is sent... that's much more expensive

garry4321 t1_j6oeyqh wrote

Id rather the police go out than someone be dead and they didnt go to cut "cost".

tawtaw6 t1_j6mwr6a wrote

Do you not remember the apple phone with the exploding battery that needed to be recalled?

garry4321 t1_j6n7pqg wrote

Do you think I have a Samsung? I have an Iphone, just like I have EA games. Doesnt mean I support their actions.