Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Smildo_Dasher t1_j6kt8at wrote

Same thing happened in Canada

Dozens of weed stores sprang up overnight in pretty much every single city across the country

Large grocery chains opened their own to complement their liquor stores

it's wild walking into a store with regular ass lookin grocery store employees asking how you'd like to get ripped today

surfacing_husky t1_j6lczdr wrote

It's been amazing walking into the dispensary and being able to go "I want my week to do xyz, what do you recommend?" And bam it works. No more shady weed that you don't know if it's bunk or couch lock.

AlloverYerFace t1_j6lecme wrote

…or having to talk to that weird guy, even though he had some good stuff. You know the guy…

surfacing_husky t1_j6lfu4i wrote

He was always the last resort for us too, and we went to him in pairs lol.

SupaDupaTron t1_j6nn06g wrote

I agree, but I also kind of miss the thrill of the chase. And then opening up the baggy to see exactly what it is I just scored. It could be a gamble, but it was kind of fun.

latortillablanca t1_j6mioam wrote

Not sure that variable is that wild to me tbh! That’s precisely what liquor stores are like. Hell those enormous wine stores got fuckin half speed somoliers pushing adult wares down yer gullet.

At the same time regular ass grocery store attendants aren’t asking you how you’d like anything, to busy hating their fookin life

−1

Angry-Dragon-1331 t1_j6n7cgc wrote

I really don’t want that to happen in the US. Half my family is allergic and we very much like breathing.

−11