Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MikeTakrelyt t1_jacwu5i wrote

Most tv screens don't support full rgb (from darkest black value 0 - brightest white value 255) via hdmi and only show limited rgb (16-235) or ycbcr. Your pc will provide a full rgp image, as pc monitors can display this. The result is, that all dark information from 0-15 are bunched together on the tv to BLACK and you can only Differentiate e. G. Shadows from value 16 upwards. As an example, if you are in a very dark cave or room where most image information is in the area of 0-25 or something, you will mostly see a very dark, black image of the scene. Increasing the brightness of the tv will only change these blackish pictures into greyish pictures,but it will add the missing information. In order to chnage this, you need to go into the graphics card settinga in your pc and change the output from RGB to RGB LIMITED or YcBCr. For nvidia this ia in the nvidia control panel under resolution settings.

Give it a try, for me this solved the issue, which is by the way called black crush.

Check this out https://youtu.be/gRwK3hccv1I

cymbalmonke t1_jacy948 wrote

If I didn't need warped bits of glass to sit on my face to see properly, I'd consider this. But when I realized that I can barely even see in 1080p, it was a no brainer to not fuss about the small stuff. Is cool tho

MikeTakrelyt t1_jacyu93 wrote

I bet you can distinguish between 16 shades of black or just one big shade of black, even in 540p