Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

josenight t1_ja7v5fa wrote

Not underrated just niche. Two different things.

bobdole3-2 t1_ja817c0 wrote

I don't even think it's that niche. Returnal sold more than 500,000 units despite launching as a PS5 exclusive at a time when it was impossible to buy PS5s. It's not Elden Ring or COD of course, but more than half a million units without being backwards compatible is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

LoSouLibra t1_ja8nyl3 wrote

Yeah, and a lot of PS5's there were out there weren't even in the hands of people who actually wanted to buy and play games on them. They were in the hands of scalpers. And after some people dropped their $1000 out of desperation to get one, they had barely any money left to buy games with.

A lot of launch and first year games probably got hammered sales-wise. Read a lot of articles about how most PS5's were in the hands of scalpers instead of customers who would have purchased at least 2 or 3 games. Then, people who dropped $1000 or more on ebay probably couldn't afford more than 1 game for quite awhile.

−4

OSRS_Satriani t1_jaae3v6 wrote

I got it on PC but I go frustrated with it after 10 hours of struggling in the first area and blasted through it with god mode on. I now realize that roguelikes aren't my type of game.