Submitted by Alley_Catra t3_11eggs1 in gaming

My GF loves the Videogames i gave her to play so far (mostly Narrative Games, The Quarry, Little Misfortune and Tales from the Borderlands)

Any ideas what i can make her play so she get's used to walking and moving the Camera at the same time without getting Stresses out ?

I tried Portal but she didn't get it and so lost intrest in it fast.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Xemnic t1_jadv1rm wrote

Hmm… this sounds kind of tough. I remember for me, the first time I had to use both joysticks on the controller was PS1. Ape Escape.

For modern games today. Try something like Minecraft on creative mode just to get like, a tutorial for movement/moving around?

Idk, that’s the best idea I have.

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadvjdb wrote

No that's actualy perfect i got Ape Escape 1/2 on my Ps5

Nick--115 t1_jady1ep wrote

Third person is better than first for this. Or maybe a twin stick shooter like Enter The Gungeon, though it’s just a plainly difficult game.
Dreamlight Valley could be up her alley.

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadyh2w wrote

Yeah don't think so she lost intrest in Portal because she felt kinda dumb and there was no Action so something more engaging but not too hectic woud be just right but i definitly let her try some twinstick Shooter don't know wich one yet of maybe even Nier Automata.

AmaltheaPrime t1_jaduw2a wrote

Hmm I recommend Kingdom Hearts tbh. The story throughout the games gets a bit convoluted but the remakes on the PS4/PS5 and XBOX have the twin stick action I think you're talking about. If she likes Disney and wants something relatively fun, I recommend them.

FellVessel t1_jae3vr6 wrote

I dont think an action game is the way to go

AmaltheaPrime t1_jaemehz wrote

Hmm if she enjoys story based games you could recommend the Life is Strange games. Very much an interactive movie. I very much enjoy them.

mrskinnywrists t1_jadydnj wrote

Learning how to use twin sticks, I suggest The Witness. However, if she didn't like Portal, she might not like that either.

My second suggestion is Minecraft, and possibly Breath of the Wild since you have a Switch (though it might be too hard). If she still wants more narrative-oriented games, you could try The Outer Worlds on an easy difficulty.

Zero_Gravity067 t1_jadyjqp wrote

Perhaps marvel’s spider man on a friendly difficulty. Even if you don’t have her play through the main mission just have her ignore crime /combat and swing around taking pictures and grabbing backpacks.

The combat would be the difficult part but swinging can give you practice with controlling camera and movement.

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadz2g6 wrote

Not a bad idea i also thought about nier automata and maybe something like last of us or ghost of tushima. While i think Nier with the twinstick intro and stuff woud probably be good.

FlySoSerious t1_jadw3ar wrote

Idk if you have a 3ds handy but there's a game on there I started my partner on called fantasy life, it has a coop side to it so we did hunts and side quests together.

If not then you could try it takes two, or go old school and stick her on banjo kazooie, all the best players grew up with the good shit, so I'd start there.

Plus banjo kazooie is great.

Depends on what she's into too really, find something that suits her taste.

Humans fall flat is a good one too

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadwo68 wrote

Worst i can do is PS Vita Best i can do is Steam Deck or Switch.

My 3Ds are all dead:(

I think she might like something like Bioshock but it might be to hectic for her.

FlySoSerious t1_jae3vrm wrote

I'm not 100 percent sure what's available on steam deck I've never really looked but if she's into fps then dead space, prey, or dishonoured.

Death stranding is a great play once you get past the start and that gets you used to the double sticks fast, as you have no choice.

Or if she wants a bit of an adventure I picked up ni no kuni wrath of the white witch remastered and that was brilliant, by studio ghibli too so the story is very well done and presented. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it and I'm old enough to remember studio ghibli old stuff being released. I even picked up ni no kuni 2 after it.

Or final fantasy series, they're all pretty forgiving.

Hard to decide lol, maybe give her some quick views on everything and let her see.

Zelda series on switch, both great. Or super Mario all stars, they were all decent, luigis mansion.

FlySoSerious t1_jae40pt wrote

Saying that though, bioshock is a good play, we managed so she might enjoy the chaos, never know.

Siukslinis_acc t1_jadxb39 wrote

"The Council". You walk around in third person talk with people, interact with objects and try to solve what is happening. The first episode is aviable for free, so you can try it out without paying.

You could also try "detroit become human" though there are some time sensitive stuff. There is also a demo for free.

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadxi5m wrote

I think i have EP 1 because i was intrested in it but it rottet in my Backlog we'll check it out.

Tilin-Tim t1_jadz8k6 wrote

"Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles" has a lot of exploration in a 3D environment without combat. May be a good choice to practice using a controller without stress.

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadzks8 wrote

I actualy had a brain Blast because of you she likes cool stuff that is engaging and not boring and dosen't Stress her ... Mother###ing Skate 3

RockwellB1 t1_jadzp8e wrote

I'd suggest something like the Prime remaster on Switch. Something that's not too hectic and is kind of exploration based but has some combat mixed in. Good old Skyrim might work too.

Azrael-XIII t1_jae3fia wrote

You might try games with a set camera perspective for a bit so she can get used to doing more with the controller first before having her learn camera controls. I started my GF off with a narrative game as well (Until Dawn) then we played through Diablo 3 (the PlayStation version) so she could get the hang of something a little faster with the controller without having to worry about the camera but can still use right stick to dodge.

takeitsweazy t1_jae3irm wrote

Bugsnax is a fun, slow paced FPS that can help.

[deleted] t1_jaebbhi wrote

It Takes Two if you're into co-op games.

suckerfortiddies t1_jaecxqw wrote

It takes two. Me and my gf started playing the other day. She still needs to get used to both sticks but it has areas of slow gameplay so she can learn the feeling of it. Boss fights can be a little overwhelming tho

lonewits t1_jaekaxl wrote

Brothers: a tale of two sons will teach her to separate her left and right hands. One brother on left stick, the other on right. It will take time getting used to but I think that game might help her in the long run.

_The_Wonder_ t1_jaeknlp wrote

Have you tried Mario 64? I say this because, it was one of the first games with a joy stick to look around. Or maybe a ps2 game?

WoodytheWicked t1_jadv6gn wrote

She needs an experience in which she needs to learn how to play two sticks with her different hands at the same time.

If you need me, i am up for it. You can book me at: www.shishkebabboingyourapouse.net/darktallbisonman

See you soon!

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadw0d0 wrote

I'll book you to play Joystick no problem hope your Nose breathing is on point otherwise i forsee a Dark Future.

WoodytheWicked t1_jadw6lw wrote

Bison man is ready for anything. Bookings have been on the lower end since Covid. Am open for anything!

Sloep3 t1_jadwmde wrote

I’d say rdr2. It’s a great game and easy to pick up

−1

Alley_Catra OP t1_jadwtjc wrote

Maybe a little too complex but i'll give it a Shot can't remember it beeing with good intuetive tutorials tho