Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gothlaw t1_ja1spld wrote

Another online-only live service game with loot boxes / MTX, a season battle pass, and flat writing, where every character has the same combat set?

Gee, wonder why.

Could it be that it’s another lazy cash grab? Yes, yes it is.

oX_deLa t1_ja63dxw wrote

You crazy fam! You just don't get it! Single player games are dead! /s

MajinBuuMan t1_ja1spc5 wrote

It's a licensed super hero game selling for full price using battle passes and looter shooter mechanics so they can extend grinding time of the playerbase in the hopes that they buy the battle pass. While at the same time nuking single player, which the studio is known for.

I'm betting there will be daily quests too.

It's basically just another Borderlands/Destiny clone but worse.

Like the old days of all the WoW clones but worse.

Yo_Wats_Good t1_ja1u2l3 wrote

>looter shooter mechanics so they can extend grinding time of the playerbase in the hopes that they buy the battle pass.

Counter point: looter shooters are fun and people enjoy playing them and have for decades.

Diablo is a looter. Borderlands is a looter. Destiny 1 was a looter. Division 1 is a looter. All without battle passes.

>While at the same time nuking single player

You can't possibly know or determine this.

>It's basically just another Borderlands/Destiny clone but worse.

They're first person. A game being in the same genre does not make it a clone. This doesn't look even remotely like the gameplay of either games, least of all the verticality and movement.

Edit: Downvoters can't handle different genres being enjoyed. Calling it a clone of these games when you guys are crying because you wanted an Arkham clone is ironic.

−15

somedumbnewguy t1_ja2j23f wrote

>>While at the same time nuking single player

>You can't possibly know or determine this.

Requiring an Internet connection for single player is what we in vidya call an "EA move" but it's okay if daddy Rocksteady does it I guess.

Yo_Wats_Good t1_ja36cmn wrote

Requiring an internet connection has no effect on the quality of the single player, regardless of how you feel about the practice.

If that’s what was meant should’ve stated it differently.

−5

OrioN_--- t1_ja1skzq wrote

I thought hate cause devs said that game will have season pass and game itself will be about endless grind

Vital_flow t1_ja1ukv2 wrote

Probably look at the other 20 times the same or similar question has been posted in the last 24 hours.

CROCKODUCK t1_ja1tkjr wrote

Just play the division and mod it so you have a Harley Quinn outfit. Done and done.

Mysterious_Bat_3780 t1_ja1twhc wrote

I'm not hating on it because I haven't experienced it yet. But I understand most people's disappointment. I'm mostly disappointed because though I'm more of a DC fan, I've never been much for suicide squad. There are other teams I would've preferred. But oh well.

Leramar89 t1_ja1v51i wrote

It's the always online/battle pass/online store stuff that's got me worried. I'm still interested in it but I'm way more skeptical.

Dr-titsntoes t1_ja2raiw wrote

Unfortunately gaming on reddit is full of bitching and moaning children who will complain endlessly about ANY VIDEO GAME. all the time non stop. Instead if being happy with all the great games we have and ones coming out, they choose to wake up every day sad pessimistic little cunts who cry over anything.

Bananaslamma24 t1_ja1su7f wrote

People wanted an Akrham game rather than what is effectively a spinoff, it's weird that they're speaking up now since the game deliberately never used the Arkham title for a reason. We knew exactly what it was going to be after the first trailer.

Lychee247 t1_ja1sugl wrote

So my friend told me DC basically made thier own avengers game

So I think that why People hate that game now

idksomethingjfk t1_ja3qgur wrote

Gotta be a paid actor to defend this game

streetpusher604 t1_jac73x0 wrote

if all the lead devs fom arkham games left then so will all the fans

TyMonstaz t1_ja1u7fq wrote

I agree I thought that it was a very good game

justanotherweeb23 t1_ja2l9uw wrote

I mean I’m going to buy it, but I definitely know why other people wouldn’t.