Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

G_Art33 t1_ja6qiit wrote

Lol I usually try to hide it until someone calls me for being slow and laughing at everything. I got tired of the toxicity of multiplayer gaming and have been rocking single player / story mode on some great games lately. It’s been a nice detox.

Kylby36 t1_ja6qrbf wrote

Lol yeah I think that's entirely different if you're called out for it. It's mostly the announcing it as attention-baiting that bugs the shit out of me.

−4

G_Art33 t1_ja6r96r wrote

To be fair, I am usually the type to disconnect my headphones and mute the whole lobby if I’m getting annoyed with the chat. But even just in real life, I agree, people who make it all about their recreational substance choices are kinda boring. I could vibe with it if it’s something they are really knowledgeable and passionate about, like someone who is really into good scotch and could chew your ear off about all the different types over a drink, sure that’s kinda cool. Or if they grow their own bud, and want to tell you about the process and share a little bit, okay cool that’s pretty interesting. but if the depth of discussion bottoms out at “I’m so high / drunk right now holy fuck”…. Yeah I’ve got better things to do with my time.

stiofan84 t1_ja7fzbz wrote

They might be trying to apologise in advance for how badly they play lol

thedudewithoutnude t1_ja7zvro wrote

Look, if someone tells you he is high, he either wants to tell you that you should not expect too much of him right now because he is in "chill mode" or he is trying to find people who share the same mood as him. Same for beeing drunk. Its fun to play with other drunk people because the sense of humor is shared more.

Think about it this way: If you want to tryhard ranked playmode, you will probably tell other people that you wanna go full tryhard because you want to group up with people sharing the same mood with you.

I think its just a natural way to communicate with each other.

Does that make sense? For me it does :)

Kylby36 t1_jaawbxt wrote

Then it's only fair that those same people understand when someone doesn't want that kind of energy.

AshyEarlobes t1_ja6r2za wrote

A high person telling me they're high is expected so I don't mind it.

Goth_2_Boss t1_ja7u4gz wrote

Exactly. Op says they don’t care but it’s clearly been bothering them. People are constantly announcing their drunk, even in real life. You get used to it? It’s often obvious but it’s also not a bad thing to know.

wull_holdontheredude t1_ja7agxv wrote

I'm high all time. So there's no real measurable difference and I don't announce it because I'm not in junior high anymore.

I think what ur really addressing is just the amount of Players online with Forrest Gump level intelligence.

Odiwan-Kenobi t1_ja9t9t6 wrote

I've been a daily weed smoker for 20 years and have never announced it to the group I'm playing with, they may here me having a hoot though. I'm 47 so that probably has more to do with it than the weed.

rickjames091 t1_ja7pm14 wrote

God I'm so drunk/high right now

GreedyDiceGoblin t1_ja6qgd0 wrote

It's honestly incredibly boring.

I got tired of it a decade ago.

HannibalLeceter t1_ja9q2vd wrote

I'm just letting people know what to expect from me on seige... or I'm talking shit on cod when I'm on top of the leader board because a drunk guy just dropped a 3.5 kd piss drunk when the opposing team highest kd is 1.02

IforgotwhatIwasdoing t1_ja9zlmk wrote

These days, if a game has a lobby I almost always need to be drunk or high to want to play it.

TurkTurkle t1_ja6s85r wrote

No cause that doesnt happen?

Dynastic_Breeder t1_ja6u9vs wrote

Smoking should be banned everywhere, including Games.

−16