Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

specialspartan_ t1_jaaphzq wrote

Every team sports game ever. I could barely tolerate NFL blitz for short sessions.

GlitteringFail1 t1_jaaptqy wrote

God of War 2018. It was universally acclaimed but I could not bring myself to finish. At times, it felt mediocre and boring. I stopped at the dragon boss fight.

S4ntos19 t1_jaarjwx wrote

The Last of Us Part 1

I just didn't like it, not that the game was bad, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Grimvold t1_jaascd3 wrote

Final Fantasy 7. I was a kid when it came out but only played it as a young adult and thought it was very juvenile.

HoosierDev t1_jaasffv wrote

Genshin and similar “tiny girls in short dresses”. Honestly they seem grooming and pedo-ish. Especially when they are targeting older dudes. I watched some streamers playing it and it was gross listening to old dudes talk about the characters dresses.

M1nn3sOtaMan t1_jaatu22 wrote

The outer worlds. Tried multiple times. Just couldn't get into it.

CountLugz t1_jaau9eq wrote

I didn't get far into Ragnarok because the writing and dialogue had a very pronounced drop in quality vs God of War 2016 which I thoroughly loved.

Odin and Thor both spoke anachronistically and their dialogue was just very weak. Odin's voice actor wasn't very good either.

Shame because I was looking forward to playing Ragnarok but sadly it didn't survive modernizing.

kerred t1_jaauezq wrote

It was fun. Gameplay was alright but nothing I wish I could experience again or want to replay.

I had little interest in the story. Aloy felt too generic hero to me. I was hoping she would be more like someone socially awkward having lived a life of exile with limited human interaction (like a young Ashly Burch kind of character).

It's a shame they have a female protagonist in a AAA game and she feels like every other protagonist with nothing really unique aside from the insane person who has to program her hair.

kerred t1_jaauxtx wrote

From someone who grew up on FF1 to FFX I am sad to say I agree.

While FF7 gives me fond memories as an awkward 17 year old, I never up and discussed the story intensively.

I still replayed it and 100%'d it on steam a few years ago however, but that's because I already knew all the skippables and such and wasn't a slog for me.

kerred t1_jaav2e0 wrote

The only thing I know about Genshin is my friends teenage kid spent $250 on it. I hope that was worth it.

They said they will never play anything like that again though so lesson learned?

Thor4269 t1_jaawmr8 wrote

Dark souls or any of the "souls" genre

PogTuber t1_jaaxmut wrote

Ditto, still trying to finish it but honestly I'm not giving a crap about the story and the camera-centric combat system is just not very good compared to so many other games (Souls, DMC, etc)

CaptainMorning t1_jaay4ae wrote

Red dead redemption 2. Finished and loved the first. Have started the second so many times but the snow part is torture

−1

CaptainMorning t1_jaayd2c wrote

Yeah. God of war was its own thing back in the day. Nobody could do hack n slash so satisfying. How do you remake it? You do another goddamn third person immersice mature white beard upset guy that's actually cool type of game.

It's a good game but also are all the other in the same boat

ProperDoses t1_jab5vap wrote

Most of em tbh. I’m not a contrarian by any means, I just dislike the majority of game trends/mechanics. Main thing I hate is everything being a sandbox RPG-lite. I really miss 8-10 hour games.

dixie12oz t1_jabbrni wrote

Any souls game. Tried several, didn’t enjoy any of them. They all feel clunky to me for some reason. The difficulty also isn’t fun for me. I don’t mind some challenge but it just feels tedious. Just never has clicked.

KenethSargatanas t1_jabh71m wrote

The Witcher 3. I just can't get into it. Which is ridiculous to me because I should LOVE it. Open world high fantasy with an amazing story? (Apparently amazing, I've only barely gotten past the Bloody Baron before I quit.) That's like, MY SHIT.

But, nope! Played a few hours and lost all interest. Like, 4 times. I just doesn't hook me at all.

Boing26 t1_jabj029 wrote

the witcher game series

Grimvold t1_jabuitd wrote

It’s very “edgy”, very much meant to appeal to an older child to teenage demographic. It’s also more of a tech demo to show what the PlayStation could be capable of at the time by pushing the system as hard as they could early in the PSX lifespan. I mean it’s a fine game but for its legendary reputation as one of the greatest games ever made I feel as though that’s something you had to be there for to get that impression. It isn’t quite as ageless to me as something like Zelda64 by comparison.

Sort of like how if you didn’t grow up with seeing movies like The Breakfast Club or St. Elmo’s Fire in the 1980s when they first came out you usually aren’t going to have an intimate connection to them and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Intrepid-Event-2243 t1_jacj7qd wrote

Elden Ring / Japense Games in general. Probably the cultural difference but japanese games just don't catch me.

DeadgrounD t1_jacky6b wrote

Horizon Zero Dawn/FW and God of War/Ragnarok

Cmccoy2 t1_jacl3yi wrote

Detroit become human. I've tried a couple times but I always get bored an hour or two in

Motophobia t1_jacudy6 wrote

Immediately prior to trying this game, I had been playing a stealthy bow user in Skyrim which seemed to do it better. For a game that seemed focused on bow combat, I was flabbergasted the arrows had no physics! They would shoot in a straight line without drop.

For some reason that totally killed the game for me.

anjiru0009 t1_jadp7vk wrote

• Puts on flame suit

Zelda Botw is a beautiful game and lots of things mechanically done right but I found myself very bored of the world. No depth at all imo, shrines feel lazy to me vs lovingly made dungeons which is what I come to expect from the series. I didn't care at all for any of the story(the champions and memories).

2Sensitive1Wasabi6 t1_jadt9dn wrote

Skyrim. I know I know. I appreciate it for the technical marvel at the time. And no, Im not new to this. I regularly play NES era and up games so it's not graphical incompatibility. It's just that the regular version bored me to sleep repeatedly. I literally would wake up later with it on like some people say they do with books(don't know how you do that but carry on!) Bout it three times as I thought it was just me. It wasn't until I got it on VR that I actually got into it. But still haven't beat it. I'm stuck in the mountains somewhere because I can't quick travel or ride a horse. So now just a feral bandit with stuff stolen from everyone and everywhere cuz I'm too strong to die and unlimited items that I don't need or won't sell. But at least it's a joy finally!

GTA V. Had the damn game since PS3. Converted to PS4. Would've did the same to PS5 but said to hell with it. Only played online with my family but got bored. Rather just cruise with my Deluxo. Got a shit ton of money from various heists and better vehicles and whatnot, but it don't matter. Refuse to be sucked into a shark card infested money pit and just like GTA 4 better and love SA. Tried the story but never was interested after Michael tore down the guys house. So yea I think it's just me.🫣

hi_im_gruntled t1_jadtg7h wrote

Witcher 2 and 3. Not sure why but I just got bored after the first bit of each. Final Fantasy 7 is notable as well, I didn't *dislike* it, but I'm not really a fan, it's possibly my least favorite of the mainline games in the series.

Was Factorio critically acclaimed? That game should check off every box I have but for some reason I just don't enjoy it.

breadexpert69 t1_jadwdp5 wrote

The last two God of War games. Great story which makes it great to watch someone else play. But tbh, the gameplay loop and combat got repetitive quick and lost interest.

ThatSucc t1_jadwy2f wrote

Stardew Valley. My gf loves it and we have a farm together that we work on sometimes, but the game is too boring for me. I just play it with her sometimes because I know how happy it makes her, it's not a game that I've ever sought out on my own.

Mario Kart. I grew up playing it with my cousins, alongside my copy of CTR. MK is an ok game and it's fun with the right people, but every time I play it I always think to myself "I'd rather be playing CTR right now".

dixie12oz t1_jaeveik wrote

Lol, just imagine being so insecure you have to go through the entire thread to say this to everybody that doesn’t like your favorite game. My dude, nobody cares about your game skills.

dixie12oz t1_jaez8gh wrote

Oh yes, the guy talking about gamer skills and gatekeeping being a “true gamer” definitely is the mature one in this conversation. If you’re not actually a child then I feel really bad for you. Life gets better, my friend.

Icy_Reward_6729 t1_jaezkpr wrote

I know you don't like them but I was in a similar spot where I hated dark souls and it just wasnt fun, then the combat just clicked out of nowhere, but I find figuring out and learning boss patterns fun, which isnt everyones cup of tea