Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LucasD4 t1_ja9m3cv wrote

Heres the thing: I wont buy a console just for smash bros, same with a lot of people. I WOULD buy the game for $60, and so would a ton of other people. I think if they released the game on pc a few years after releasing the console, so for example lets say the switch released in 2017, they could release smash bros on pc a few years later, after everyone is done buying new switche.

ajerxs t1_ja9mtxw wrote

I hear you, and I’m sure there’s a pretty sizable group that would, but I think that group is still in the minority. Smash is one of those games that sells consoles for sure, and one person that buys a switch and smash makes up for a couple of people that would only buy their games multiplatform. I doubt they’ll start dropping their IP on anything but their own consoles and mobile for a long while yet.

King_D3D3D3 t1_ja9nf0l wrote

The switch is 5 years old and is still selling more consoles yearly than the brand new gen that released just 2 years ago. It is the 3rd highest selling console of all time and is merely 30 million away from being number 1.

jc726 t1_jaaykiq wrote

There are 120 million Switches on the market. Smash Ultimate is a 30 million seller, far and away the best-selling fighting game of time.

There are plenty of people who will buy the console and the game. Way, way, way more people than Nintendo needs to for them to be profitable. They are swimming in cash, drowning in profit, and you're questioning why they don't do it your way. You do understand that, yes?

> man fuck nintendo and their bullshit consoles

Then don't play the game and stop bitching about it.